ew lucky 15
1.30 Take the breeze
2.40 deep purple
4.00 in compliance
440 ma yahab,based on prices

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
trigger, have you done these on multi bets or just singles??great results so far fella,only one for me so far on weapons anmesty

Did them in various small staked multiples as well as juicy singles, also had another winner with Spirit River as I picked two for the 20+ runner races, got to the last leg of the Placepot too before going out and it paid over £2,700, grrrrr!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I got the 14/1 winner (Spirit River) and would have had the 40/1 aswell (I forget the name) had I not been working NOWHERE near another bookies today... we had a geezer come in wanting to go LARGE on it at 33/1 (at that time) but we shunned his business. He wasn't wrong, though. He said it was a dead certainty, I'm gutted I didn't get on it. :down:

Not looked at tomorrow yet, I'll be checking this thread in the morning for tips. :thumbsup:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
1.30 The Hollinwell
2.05 Alfie Sherrin
2.40 Deep Purple
3.20 Big Buck's
4.00 Sunnyhillboy
4.40 Shillingstone

Have no idea why i'm choosing these, i supose it gives me a little interest in the races. I don't bet big. And all are e/w.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I got the 14/1 winner (Spirit River) and would have had the 40/1 aswell (I forget the name) had I not been working NOWHERE near another bookies today... we had a geezer come in wanting to go LARGE on it at 33/1 (at that time) but we shunned his business. He wasn't wrong, though. He said it was a dead certainty, I'm gutted I didn't get on it. :down:

Not looked at tomorrow yet, I'll be checking this thread in the morning for tips. :thumbsup:

Very odd race to watch, the only sound from the grandstand with a quarter of a mile to run was the rustle of racecards as everyone looked at the big screen and tried to work out what the hell the horse in second place was that was going like it had just joined in.

As tough a day for backers as any I can remember, and still two more to come. The sprinklers were on as I left, but unless there's some rain the ground may well be a lot faster than they would want on Thursday. Won't bother Poquelin though.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Looks bloody tough Today.

Jewson - Nicanor (16/1 ap)and Lenabane (ew 20/1). Irish novice form looks better than ours.

Pertemps - hot fav needs taking on. Ainama for me at 8/1. He's been layed out for this and Hendersons are firing at the moment and he could be very well handicapped.

Ryanair - Backed Voy Pur Ustedes at 10s antepost and am happy with him. He gets his going, trip and track Today. If he's back to his best he wins.

Stayers - Big Bucks may well hack up but I'm taking him on with Lie Forrit who is currently 80 on BF and 11 for a place (not huge amounts though). Ignore his last run and he's bang there for a place and he's the type of runner that could creep up on Big Bucks and challenge him up the run in.

Byrne - Pipe's I'm So Lucky was running very well when brought down on new years day and looks well handicapped - 12/1 looks fair. The other I like is the much improved The Sawyer at 20/1. He won a couple of handicaps and then ran very well against Monets Garden at Ascot. He could still be well handicapped despite a hike in his rating. His jock takes off 7 and he's the type that can travel well here.

Kim Muir - glutton for punishment now Boychuck e/w at 20/1 (got 25s yesterday) will love the going and is fairly consistent and his last run was a good one - his jock is ok too. Galant Nuit has Nina up and at 9/1 he can run a big race. Won over the course in November and the 6lb rise for that looks generous.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gwanko is worth a small ew today, Parsons Legacy & Silver Kate too

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Terrible betting day there yesterday. It's hard enough at Cheltenham, chuck in horses running with three shoes and almost being brought down by other fallers, big fancies blowing up, and everything finishing fourth in the first-three races, and you might as well go home. The Coral Cup, not for the first time in history, comfortably saw off the placepot as well which had been looking good. Not sure I can lose any more this week...

On a brighter note, many thanks to Mtoto for your superb driving directions which got us to the course in a couple of hours and avoided all the town centre St Patricks Day mayhem. Having said that, I thought the atmosphere generally at the course was a bit subdued yesterday compared to other years. Maybe some combination of a few less people, a lot less money, and winners very hard to come by.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Won enough on Tuesday (changed my mind to the winner of first half an hour before race)to cover Tuesday and Wednesdays bets. This was a stroke of luck as i did not get close to anything yesterday.
Today I am hoping that Rivaliste in the first, Ainama in the second and Shillingstone in the last at the very least get placed.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Going in for some big priced each ways today!

1.30 - Gansey (Nb)
2.05 - Fredo
2.40 - Deep Purple
3.20 - Time For Rupert
4.00 - I'm So Lucky (Nap)
4.40 - Isn't That Lucky

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing
Can someone please explain to me how the form can be so unreliable over the jumps.There have been very few favourites winning and 40/1 winners.This surely discredits the sport.It wouldn't happen in many other sports.You wouldn't have China,Japan,Andorra and Botswana in the World Cup semis would you?This is after all the showpiece of the jumping season.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm wasting my time trying to work it out this week, so I'm going for the Albion names angle today

4.00 Knight Legend (e.w.)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Is that Dick or Leon:eek:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Can someone please explain to me how the form can be so unreliable over the jumps.There have been very few favourites winning and 40/1 winners.This surely discredits the sport.It wouldn't happen in many other sports.You wouldn't have China,Japan,Andorra and Botswana in the World Cup semis would you?This is after all the showpiece of the jumping season.

That's the beauty of the sport for me, trying to find a nice priced horse to beat the favourite, certainly get more pleasure from that than all those dullards that don't have a clue and just follow the favourites would!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Probably the biggest factor in this Cheltenham is the ground. Nearly all of this season's form has been recorded on varying degrees of soft, heavy and bottomless ground. There has been so little rain of late that the going is Good, far quicker than all of these horses will have been running on recently.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Like Gwanako, but will have a bit on the Andy Stewart second-string Martys Mission as well. They wanted to run it in the Jewson but it didn't get in, which suggests this is the weaker race of the two this year. Novices have a good record recently in the open handicaps at the Festival too.
Pretty much baffled by the rest of the card. Poquelin will probably win the Ryanair as I had it in a double at 16-1 back in November and the other half has already gone down.

Maccapacca, a 40-1 winner doesn't necessarily mean the form hasn't worked out, it's just that in a race like the Bumper, it's very difficult to work out what an individual horse's form is worth. The second and fourth home in Cue Card's Fontwell bumper both won next time out, but on the balance of probability, it was still likely that it was weak race.

Glad the directions worked Tooting, just sorry you didn't have a bootful of cash to carry home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports