Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Gonna stick my neck out and say 38 would be plenty this year

I think it will be more than enough. The top six are so far ahead that most of the teams battling relegation will get very few, if any, points from those 12 matches. These days there's fewer points realistically up for grabs for the also-rans, which means fewer points needed for survival.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably worth taking some notice of my post about re-integration after a long injury.

Why is that as he appears to have been training for some weeks now and also appeared both as a sub and starting for the U23s. So the next step is a sub appearance for the 1st XI not to sit on the bench for 2 or 3 games and stay there.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Have you heard of goal difference? Made quite a difference 2 years ago...

I couldnt at this time give a monkeys about goal difference (I would be happy to be proved wrong and stay up by it)

I see more value in chasing more points and losing 3-0/5-1 whatever than worrying about the goal difference for a point at this stage

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Like alot of teams in the Prem we are boring we are dross.Teams like us help to make the Prem such a boring league where at least half the teams can only hope for survival.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Like alot of teams in the Prem we are boring we are dross.Teams like us help to make the Prem such a boring league where at least half the teams can only hope for survival.

But that's cos the top teams are so rich they hoover up the best players in the world, the rest of us simply can't compete. It is boring, shame that the Prem has become so divided. Also because of the money in the Prem the fear of going down has gone up. Terrible combination as it's lead to over half the teams being pretty dross to watch.

As awesome as city are to watch, I'm bored of watching their games as they're so one sided and predictable.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
But that's cos the top teams are so rich they hoover up the best players in the world, the rest of us simply can't compete. It is boring, shame that the Prem has become so divided. Also because of the money in the Prem the fear of going down has gone up. Terrible combination as it's lead to over half the teams being pretty dross to watch.

As awesome as city are to watch, I'm bored of watching their games as they're so one sided and predictable.

Leicester? Burnley?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Leicester? Burnley?

Granted Leicester. And Burnley are having a great season, albeit still playing pretty dull football to watch. But there are about 12 teams just fighting for survival in the league and there are 6 teams streets ahead of everyone else at the moment, which I'm sure won't change anytime soon as the rich continue to get richer

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017

Yes spot on.The rich clubs buy up all the top players and they also make them so expensive by paying so much and dragging buying prices sky high. With the probable 20/25m we have for a striker in Jan,not so long ago we could have bought someone decent but now it will be much harder.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Leicester? Burnley?

You know Leicester was a total freak partly due to the so called top teams performing poorly.As for Burnley it's just another one off but then again when you consider 3/4 of the Prem is average then why shouldn't they finish 7th or 8th.

boik

Seem to remember Blackpool and Barnsley getting a lot of plaudits for having a go. remind me, where are they now? First year is stay up at any cost, like Burnley did. Yes, the Burnley that everyone is loving now. If they hadn't ground out results last year they wouldn't be where they are now - they be in the Championship. When you're newly promoted and under-staffed, expectations of attacking the big guns are naive in the extreme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here