Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea up for sale.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hardly ****ing amazing. Corrupt maybe. Giving away money that will be seized anyway

Indeed.

He should be taking the Brutus role and using his millions to fund a hitman so that him and his Oligarch mates can stop loosing millions and millions each day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Indeed.

He should be taking the Brutus role and using his millions to fund a hitman so that him and his Oligarch mates can stop loosing millions and millions each day.

True it shows a weak person..

Wonder if he still has his apartment in the Kremlin

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seeing how player's always talk about how much that they love the club. A player buy-out,put your money where your mouth is somehow i don't think it will happen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Luton 1 Chelsea 0 :eek:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Was going to offer a £1 but now 50p Go Luton.

The trianing ground must be worth a tad

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
All profits to go to a fund to help victims of the invasion of Ukrain. Not sure what constitutes a profit, but he doesn't need to do this.

I am no fan of Chelsea (having been a Leeds fan age 11, and I remember that cup final) and I have no reason to sympathize with a man who profitted from carpetbagging and asset stripping, but he's done nothing much wrong for Chelsea, and his actions now are the best he can manage under the circumstances one feels (expecting him to just hand the club over for nothing would be absurd).

edit: Mrs T says he's done what he's done 'with some dignity'.

(and....runs for cover)

We need to see the donation first!!!! I donate all profits of my car over 10k to the homeless in Brighton. By the way my car is only worth 6k, so I look on the surface as making a gesture of goodwill without ever making any donation.

Ps, interesting he was ( no idea if true) near the peace talks yesterday. I take it realising what Putin wanted this is going to get messier and therefore today wants out. Very worrying!!!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
A couple of homophobic chants heard from the Luton fans on BBC1 so far.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My daughters fiancé is at the Luton Chelsea game . He’s a Luton STH.

He’s rather made up at the moment.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s very easy to make sure a business entity shows no profits. Film companies do it as standard. It’s why you don’t want to take a profit share on a film role. Get your fee and run!

Anyway, Abramovich becoming an altruist? Get to ****. I don’t believe it for a second. This will be a very calculated, much discussed decision he’s made with his accountants.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
All profits to go to a fund to help victims of the invasion of Ukrain. Not sure what constitutes a profit, but he doesn't need to do this.

I am no fan of Chelsea (having been a Leeds fan age 11, and I remember that cup final) and I have no reason to sympathize with a man who profitted from carpetbagging and asset stripping, but he's done nothing much wrong for Chelsea, and his actions now are the best he can manage under the circumstances one feels (expecting him to just hand the club over for nothing would be absurd).

edit: Mrs T says he's done what he's done 'with some dignity'.

(and....runs for cover)

I agree with Mrs T - he’s done it with dignity and I hope we can trust that he carries it through. Unfortunately, Russians and “trust” don’t often go together.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If only the Saudis had waited a bit.

Quite. You can't own a football club if you know, have met, or sat within 100 metres of Vlad Putin.

Suppressing your own population, murdering opposition, or committing human rights atrocities in neighbouring countries is fine (as long as the percentage of blonde haired, blue eyed kids remains below the 5% allowed limit)..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
promising to give away billions and still vilified simple because he's well known figure and bought a football club as his hobby. tough crowd.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And so endeth the biggest and grossest act of sportswashing dirty money ever.

19 years in which his dodgy money has bought him a treasure trove of cups, and in which time proud clubs like Everton, Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham have won nothing, and even Spurs have won just one League Cup.

In his first season - so almost 20 years ago - he still managed to spend £120 million on players, and this is on a squad that finished 4th the season before. F*ck off Roman and f*ck off Chelsea.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

19 years in which his dodgy money has bought him a treasure trove of cups, and in which time proud clubs like Everton, Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham have won nothing, and even Spurs have won just one League Cup.

In his first season - so almost 20 years ago - he still managed to spend £120 million on players, and this is on a squad that finished 4th the season before. F*ck off Roman and f*ck off Chelsea.

Amen to that - He's just a wallet for Putin, and i'd be surprised if anyone paid £3b+ for a enforced fire sale of CFC.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

eh? this is getting a bit silly now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here