Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea Fire Sale - who could we go for?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Fire sale? Another glance at today's transfer gossip indicates more incomings than outgoings.

I think Chelsea are addicted to spending money and I think it's beginning to dawn on Poch that that trim squad of 25 he talked about is simply not going to happen. Indeed, he'll be lucky to get it down to 30.

Yeah, I keep hearing that Chelsea are slashing their squad but every day I seem to read about some new obscure player signing for £40m or something -- usually in a position where they're already overstocked. They're a very strange club.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They've actually sold/released 12 players, Hudson Odoi to go soon too.
Which is remarkable in itself. They've signed 4 plus the two french kids to come in. So they probably don't actually have as big a squad as us bizarrely.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fire sale? Another glance at today's transfer gossip indicates more incomings than outgoings.

I think Chelsea are addicted to spending money and I think it's beginning to dawn on Poch that that trim squad of 25 he talked about is simply not going to happen. Indeed, he'll be lucky to get it down to 30.
At last count, they'd culled 16 from their squad so, during this window at least, they've reversed their acquisition-based policy. For instance, see this from 23 July:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here