Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea "fans" abuse

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Coming up maybe for last night's Chelsea away chav plastic classless support, the following.

Conf lge group 1

Chelsea
LEGIA WARSAW
RED STAR BELGRADE
UNION BERLIN

Both games away.

If get through. Get knocked out in 1st round by:

A
Any French team South of Lyon, with 3 hour transport wait. Riot police, with no sense of humour in any language. No ladies or gentlemen rest room facilities.
Or

B
Any Turkish team, or team South West of Istanbul, with robocop style of police, with snarling attack dogs.

Then return to mid Kent.

Proud to follow the Albion away, win or lose.
Seagullssssss.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Coming up maybe for last night's Chelsea away chav plastic classless support, the following.

Conf lge group 1

Chelsea
LEGIA WARSAW
RED STAR BELGRADE
UNION BERLIN

Both games away.

If get through. Get knocked out in 1st round by:

A
Any French team South of Lyon, with 3 hour transport wait. Riot police, with no sense of humour in any language. No ladies or gentlemen rest room facilities.
Or

B
Any Turkish team, or team South West of Istanbul, with robocop style of police, with snarling attack dogs.

Then return to mid Kent.

Proud to follow the Albion away, win or lose.
Seagullssssss.
IMO the French police in Marseille had an excellent sense of humour. From welcoming us into the area to get buses to the game with “Are you Palace?” to Solly March lapping up the attention!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Why are Chelsea fans so bloody boilingly annoying?!

I liked this response!

1715958368228.png

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
And lose all that luvvly jubbly cash from the away fans? Only in Barber's worst nightmare. :lolol:

Yeah. In a decent world this would happen. But it would probably be against PL rules to ban away supporters from games. Then there would be retribution and our fans would be banned from Stamford Bridge and so it goes on until there are no away fans at any EPL game.

No. The only way is for the police and stewards to eject, and for the police to arrest, all fans making racist or homophobic remarks in or around the stadium. Enforce the law and punish the miscreants with banning orders and prison. You'll soon see a reduction in these kinds of incidents.

The stewards have the power to enforce the ground regulations. The police have the power to enforce the law. Why they are clearly failing to do so I do not know.
because they are under constant scrutiny ...cameras everywhere and they are afraid of lossing their jobs if the upsept the wrong crowd..:kiss:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I work with a Lancing born and breed Chelsea fan, a friend of his popped into see him today and mentioned they got a train from Angmering to Hove, had a few beers, got an Uber to the ground, moaned about no Harveys and had to drink Cide instead, after the match knew someone in one the boardrooms and only left the stadium around midnight after drinking all sorts he then had problems getting home, he did not mention the game itself once, the bloke is semi retired and thoroughly likeable person, but…

It really winds me up, folk born down here that support other clubs, I have less time for them than a Palace fan.

Remind me once away somewhere in the mid 90s, I over heard some folks talking and saying "I have had enough of this, lets go to the bridge next week, I am done with this club"

Hated Chelsea ever since that day,

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As an afterthought from last night, I saw multiple reports of Brighton fans suffering homophobic abuse both inside & outside the ground. I know there was that instance of that poor fan near the away end that was targeted for some reason, and I also was the target of an unprovoked attack walking back to the car post game.

Without wishing to tarnish the entire fan base (as every team has their share of idiots), but what surprised me was the volume and venomous nature of it from them - havent heard that level in years (maybe Im lucky in that).

I did email Chelsea Pride about my experience, but have not heard back from them as yet. I also understand that Darren Balkham is aware of various incidents. I also understand that some Chelsea fans in the away end were calling out their own last night too,.

Not wishing to escalate things or cause any unnecessary drama, but what can realistically be done about this - no one should feel like they can't watch their team because of targeted slurs
Leopards and spots comes to mind.
I remember being in the North Stand for the cup game in 1967. We were both 14 years old and my mate said he thought Osgood was crap and got a punch in the face for his trouble.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would suggest next season their fans are held in for at least an hour after the game, European fashion. They were simply toxic last night.
Now that is a good idea! Fining the club (whether or not it's an amount that hurts) clearly has little or no effect. "You are being kettled in for an hour because some of your 'mates' are scum and you won't call them out" would certainly give a powerful message.
..........................and the home fans could have first dibs on the trains too.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
From the club's summary of Barber's meeting with Seagulls Over London last Monday:
Paul reiterated that kind of homophobia in and around our matches was totally unacceptable, and we have a zero-tolerance policy. If it’s individuals it’s easier to act, as they can be isolated, identified and arrested in the moment or, as is sometimes the case, after the fact. Sometimes the perception is that no action is being or has been taken, but this isn’t the case. It might not happen at the game, but in the concourse out of sight of the majority (to help ensure the situation doesn’t escalate) or even a few days later. For large groups chanting abuse it’s the Premier League and The FA who act, and this can lead to large fines for clubs who don’t take tackling this issue seriously. Again, whilst sometimes there may be a perception that nothing is happening or the club isn’t acting, it is and we are, but in the most efficient and operationally effective way possible. Please trust our professional staff to do their jobs in the way they know best. We have seen examples of this working well and clubs taking firmer preventative action across this season.

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here