Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea - behind closed doors friendly?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Possibly give Potter a final chance to play a game in Brighton without getting booed?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Can’t believe the club sanctioned a friendly with CFC after all that has happened over the last 2 weeks , and how most supporters feel about CFC

You want our POTS? No problem at all. Our Head Coach? Won't stand in his way. The rest of the coaching staff? Oh, go on then.

A friendly? Anytime.

Not sure what's going on in Management Towers, but I don't like it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BHA are Chelsea's bitches. They'll be back in January.

Might as well get used to it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can’t believe the club sanctioned a friendly with CFC after all that has happened over the last 2 weeks , and how most supporters feel about CFC

Or keep good relations with a very powerful club as their new management is basically ex Brighton; which could prove helpful long term.

This calls for cool heads, TB has said something in an interview that always stuck with me 'I'm very good at taking the emotion out of a decision." See CH removal for evidence here! Having friendly relations with Chelsea could be beneficial long term for us.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Or keep good relations with a very powerful club as their new management is basically ex Brighton; which could prove helpful long term.

This calls for cool heads, TB has said something in an interview that always stuck with me 'I'm very good at taking the emotion out of a decision." See CH removal for evidence here! Having friendly relations with Chelsea could be beneficial long term for us.

Imagine if the club was the run along the lines of reactionary fan emotion. Potter would've been sacked at least 38 times last year.

We can, and should, get angry but I trust the board to stay logical.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Imagine if the club was the run along the lines of reactionary fan emotion. Potter would've been sacked at least 38 times last year.

That's not nearly enough. We should be sacking the manager everyday, at breakfast, lunch and tea.

In fact, we should hire 3 managers at a time, so we can sack them 3 times as quickly.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

We can, and should, get angry but I trust the board to stay logical.

38 ? I’m pretty sure we won a few games last year to reach the final league position we did

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I dare to believe that our ace poker player chairman has identified Yankee Todd as a mark that he can comprehensively rinse time and time again. So, he is developing excellent relations with a view to relieving him of several hundred million over the next few years.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
38 ? I’m pretty sure we won a few games last year to reach the final league position we did

But the frequency of shouts for Potter Out exceeded the number of games.

I was being facetious, of course, but serious in that fan emotion would be a disaster in the board room. Tony knows that too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Am I the only one who doesn’t see any issue with this training match ???

A little peculiar given the timing, but in reality I don’t see a problem.

For those worried about shop windows etc… all the players have a price and are under contract. If our price is satisfied as per Cucurella fair enough.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nope. Can't see what the problem is. Perhaps one of the fragile lot could explain.

It’s fair enough people having issues with it, differing opinions are what make this board turn. Not sure ‘fragile lot’ is called for, you’re a better poster than that.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nope, no issue whatsoever. Players need game time and Chelsea were available, it’s a benefit to us to play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here