Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea - behind closed doors friendly?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Am I the only one who is quite appreciative of Chelsea agreeing to this. Bloom is far from stupid, Our new manager had the chance to see the team in full flight against a strong opponent in a game that has no consequences, a full 2 weeks before his first PL game. Whats not to like. Sure shit happened they poached our coaching squad, at least they had the decency to help bed in the new coach and his team. This event just shows the class of our owner and ceo.
Although we have no idea of the line up, from what I can make out it was mostly youngsters.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Although we have no idea of the line up, from what I can make out it was mostly youngsters.

The Brighton lineup? Unlikely as the U21s played the day after with with a full strength team.

Not to mention that a youth team lineup would make the game entirely pointless.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You did hear who scored for us?

I heard the rumour yes.

One young player scoring a goal doesn't need to mean that the entire team was filled with kids from minute 0 to 90.

I think it was mainly first team players, for logical reasons.

U21 played on Sunday with pretty much no one missing and U18 played on the same day as the friendly. Duffus was indeed missing but other than that they had a pretty normal lineup.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here