• One point gained

Votes: 101 53.4%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 88 46.6%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Point gained. Against the Champions of Europe (cough "you're having a laugh" ) we went toe to toe.

We could have nicked it at the end but so could they. Fair result I'd say.

But that's saying litlle old Brighton DESERVED a draw against the billion pound club that's the current Champions of Europe and it wasn't a fluke.

What a time to be an Albion fan.

Have to pinch myself some days, another great performance.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
It was a great game and we definitely could have won it but also so could they so it's a point gained for me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I thought we were brilliant, i enjoyed watching it so much. As I have mentioned a few times my only regret is that I am supposed to be there to witness it live (postponed a trip because of COVID).

What a morning though, improved by my United mate texting me to thank me for taking points of Chelsea, I thoroughly enjoyed my response of "**** that, we are going to finish above your shower of shite this season.

Then further improved when I received a new shirt, training top, hoodie and other goodies from the Brighton shop this morning. Love being a Brighton fan right now!

I think we had enough chances to beat them and were the better team. With this in mind I say 2 points dropped.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A phenomenal performance.
Defensive masterclass.
Controlled midfield.
Scintillating wing of play.
Clearly dropped 2 points.

Yet only 2 shots on target.
No shots on target in the entire first half.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Great football from us as always but I think some are getting carried away. Chelsea were woeful, it was almost walking football at times and they've been rubbish for a while now.

We need to get out of this mentality that playing well and drawing is acceptable. We could and probably should have easily won that game.

Saying all that we are a great team and deserve to be where we are. I'm just getting greedy and want more wins now. We are definitely capable.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gave Chelsea an absolute runaround in the first half, their goal was completely against the run of play. Good resolute defending when it mattered also. Great point gained tho could easily have been three

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Only four? That surprises me with Lukaku close to £100m on his own.

rough guess on my part ... certainly if you use the starting 11 then Arrizabalaga cost more than our whole squad and he was not their most expensive player on the pitch..... They had a few older signings on the park who did not cost that much and a couple of people who came through their development squad so reduces cost price as opposed to projected value.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Before the game I would have said a draw was a massive point gained but after that performance and the chances we missed, it's 2 points dropped.

Still proud of the team/club though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In any other Premier League season before this one, all that we would be worried about prior to a game against Chelsea, was being able to keep the score down.

All of a sudden the goalposts have moved though, this season l honestly think that we are capable of beating anyone in the league.

That is a massive testament to how far we have come, just in the last twelve months, at this football club. Project Potter really is starting to reap it's rewards.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Great football from us as always but I think some are getting carried away. Chelsea were woeful, it was almost walking football at times and they've been rubbish for a while now.

We need to get out of this mentality that playing well and drawing is acceptable. We could and probably should have easily won that game.

Saying all that we are a great team and deserve to be where we are. I'm just getting greedy and want more wins now. We are definitely capable.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Chelsea were not woeful. We made them look woeful.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It was a fantastic performance, but in effect was a microcosm of our season. Play superb stuff, create chances…fluff them.

So I voted 2 lost…I would go so far as to say 4 lost against Chelsea, but it just shows how far we have come that we can give the European champions a good game and deserve a win…irrespective to what the moaning whinging wanker thought

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Epic and a fitting performance for my uncle who took me to my first game, sadly buried today, and epic that "Sussex by the Sea" was played at the funeral in Yorkshire this morning.
R.I.P uncle bob xx

el punal

Before the game I would have said a draw was a massive point gained but after that performance and the chances we missed, it's 2 points dropped.

Still proud of the team/club though.

I was at the away match at Stamford Bridge and thought we were magnificent but slightly unlucky not to get all three points. Last night, before the game, I honestly thought Chelsea would be too strong for us and I would have happily settled for a point. How wrong I was, apart from the final ten minutes, when we were tiring, we dominated Chelsea. Unbelievable at times our performance was sublime and an absolute pleasure to witness it. Well done Graham and the boys! :albion2:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They are completely mucking up my plan to relinquish my Season Ticket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports