Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea and Hove Albion v Brighton and Hove Albion U21 7pm KO tonight.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was there moonlighting for the club website but was only asked to do a report, not live updates. Barrington’s first goal was a low shot after cutting in from the left. His second was a shot past an unsighted keeper after we refused to let Chelsea clear an attack that almost broke down twice. And O’Mahony’s winner came after a low cross from Chouchane seemed to be deflected across goal. No idea where their keeper was. Both their goals were lucky. But their number ten missed an absolute sitter in added time. Atom, by the way, is poorly named. He’s gigantic.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I was there moonlighting for the club website but was only asked to do a report, not live updates. Barrington’s first goal was a low shot after cutting in from the left. His second was a shot past an unsighted keeper after we refused to let Chelsea clear an attack that almost broke down twice. And O’Mahony’s winner came after a low cross from Chouchane seemed to be deflected across goal. No idea where their keeper was. Both their goals were lucky. But their number ten missed an absolute sitter in added time. Atom, by the way, is poorly named. He’s gigantic.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Very good performance from the U21s despite the shaky start. Moran and Barrington shone for me, like the look of Hinchy as well. Good little facility at Kingsmeadow, nice if we had something like that for the women and 21s. Sat just behind Hinsh Senior, Hinish Jr player CB which I think is the 7th position I’ve seen him play, very versatile.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Very good performance from the U21s despite the shaky start. Moran and Barrington shone for me, like the look of Hinchy as well. Good little facility at Kingsmeadow, nice if we had something like that for the women and 21s. Sat just behind Hinsh Senior, Hinish Jr player CB which I think is the 7th position I’ve seen him play, very versatile.
He went to CB last week after the starter got a red card. Looked like he’d played there all his life.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would be great if we had such a facility- though I’d rather we built our own, rather than taking advantage of a smaller club’s struggles then ultimately turfing them out of playing there.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would be great if we had such a facility- though I’d rather we built our own, rather than taking advantage of a smaller club’s struggles then ultimately turfing them out of playing there.
They really are a vile club aren’t they.

“Sale

In 2015, AFC Wimbledon agreed plans to sell Kingsmeadow to Chelsea in order to help finance their plans to move to a new stadium in Merton. Chelsea's intention was to use the ground for their own youth and women's teams and were not willing to accommodate Kingstonian. This was met with protests from Kingstonian fans, as the club would be left without a home ground of their own.” Wiki

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So hacked off I missed this. Kingsmeadow is walking distance for me. So annoying

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Though ultimately that was wimbledon really, kingstonian were their tenants.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Though ultimately that was wimbledon really, kingstonian were their tenants.
It was Kingstonian’s stadium originally, they had to sell it to AFC Wimbledon because they ran out of money. AFC gave them very cheap ‘mates rates’ to play there. Ideally, it would have returned to Kingstonian after AFC moved back to Plough Lane.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It was Kingstonian’s stadium originally, they had to sell it to AFC Wimbledon because they ran out of money. AFC gave them very cheap ‘mates rates’ to play there. Ideally, it would have returned to Kingstonian after AFC moved back to Plough Lane.
Absolute minefield trying to work out who’s in the wrong in that situation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here