Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheer up! Have we all forgotten how much more fun the Championship is?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Isn't that the line we are all supposed to try and spin about now?

On a personall level, here in Oz, relegation will mean the number of televised games for us will drop from 38 to around half a dozen at best and that alone is something I look forward to!

Really not sure my mental or physical health could cope with another year of this pack of clusters on TV every week:eek:

where you watching the game..?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Big clubs we’ve beaten in the Premier League:
Arsenal (3 times)
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United (2 times)
Tottenham Hotspur (2 times)

Last season we were comfortably one of the best teams to watch.

We are living the dream, all those years in the lower divisions were to get where we are now, yet you would rather be down there. Pretty sure that’s more odd than a thread bounce.

You've named 9 games over 4 seasons. So we get 2.25 decent games a season. Great fun that. VAR has managed to make it even less fun.

Really doesn't matter what league we're in IMO. Is was just a LOT more fun in the lower leagues. But this subject has been done to death numerous times so I'll leave it there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You've named 9 games over 4 seasons. So we get 2.25 decent games a season. Great fun that. VAR has managed to make it even less fun.

Really doesn't matter what league we're in IMO. Is was just a LOT more fun in the lower leagues. But this subject has been done to death numerous times so I'll leave it there.
He's also made the mistake of including Tottenham "no league titles in 60 years" Hotspur in his list of big clubs.

That said, I'm not really missing divisions three or four at all. The Championship is good though, but I still hold out hope that our dividend for simply being an also ran at the top table is that we finally win one of the cups and maybe compete in Europe. To me, that's the only real point of being in the top division without the billions needed to compete with the top six - to be competitive in cup competitions.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

9 massive results over 4 seasons, much better than I could have hoped for when we were in League 1. What did you expect? That we’d be blowing away the league? I’d say at least 90% of the games have been very decent actually. Last season is the best I’ve ever seen us, we were in almost every single game, giving the big boys a run for their money. That’s what it’s all about. We are finally starting to look like a proper team. We constantly beat teams above us and that’s great. We’ve been in the relegation zone once. When we got promoted, not in my wildest dreams did I imagine it’d be this good.

I remember League 1 and I don’t remember it being more fun. I remember wanting to win so much to get out of it and so that it didn’t feel like a giant fighting a dwarf most games. I remember wanting to go to big stadiums with big crowds. Why would anyone want to go back to that? I really don’t think you’d be having more fun in the lower leagues right now and I’m sorry you feel that way because I think you’re really missing out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

If only winning games against top clubs is "decent", then you'd get 0.0 decent games in lower divisions.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Thing is I turn up at every Brighton game hoping they win so that eventually led to the Premier League. To go to the Championship would involve us losing a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here