Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheer up! Have we all forgotten how much more fun the Championship is?

Garfield

Feb 28, 2021
Were Albion to go down, all the progress made will be lost!

Players sold off, then into no-mans land with a much weaker squad.

For me, Albion must stay in the PL to enable us to build on the squad we have now gathered.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good luck with that Jim. Not for me though. If we go down - I'll use my £70 quid or so that a match day in Brighton
costs me for something else.

Brave of you to admit that on here.
Fortunately there are planty of others to replace you and you won't be missed.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm sure most of us would agree that the most enjoyable season in recent years was the promotion season,

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Isn't that the line we are all supposed to try and spin about now?

On a personall level, here in Oz, relegation will mean the number of televised games for us will drop from 38 to around half a dozen at best and that alone is something I look forward to!

Really not sure my mental or physical health could cope with another year of this pack of clusters on TV every week:eek:

Equally as important, where’s the meet up on the Saturday of the Perth Test now The Moon and Sixpence is shut?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
You haven't experienced the Championship much have you. It took us 5years of proper hard work and believe of keeping on building our squad to get out of it last time.

And with an manager at the time who had promotions from that division on his CV.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Take the money away and the Championship is the better league. Far more competitive, better away days, less coverage with nonsense analysis and just all round more fun. No VAR and just being able look at the Lino before celebrating a goal.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Selfish naive post, have you any idea how many club employees will lose their jobs if we go down? Going down combined with Covid will be a financial disaster for all concerned.

Spiteful, nasty post. Three clubs have to be relegated. Our club aren't anything special. Have you any idea how many club employees will lose their jobs if Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield United go down?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
A whole season of trying to claw back what we’ve lost is going to be bloody embarrassing.

Journey will be over, **** the whole thing.

Can’t wait until we’re bottom of The Championship playing away at Barnsley on a Tuesday night and ‘fans’ telling us how great and how much better it is than the PL.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Should we get relegated I think we will struggle in the Championship with or without Potter.

As many have already said the better players will leave and those left are not mentally strong enough for the hard slog of the Champ. Imagine Trossard at Oakwell on a December Tuesday night.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Spiteful, nasty post. Three clubs have to be relegated. Our club aren't anything special. Have you any idea how many club employees will lose their jobs if Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield United go down?
The point being whoever goes down people will lose their livelihoods, not something to be compared to oh well we will win a few more games :shrug:

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Selling the ' crown jewels ' is not the way forward.
Its easy to say that when you haven't put £200 million (or so) into the club. I'm not saying we should sell, but the reality is that offers will came in for the likes of Bissouma, White & Lamptey, and if they do we will probably sell.

Most managers know how difficult it can be motivating a player that has been targeted by a top six club, refused the move, then given a wage cut due to relegation?

But let's keep fighting and hope it doesn't happen.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Should we get relegated I think we will struggle in the Championship with or without Potter.

As many have already said the better players will leave and those left are not mentally strong enough for the hard slog of the Champ. Imagine Trossard at Oakwell on a December Tuesday night.

Trossard will slink back to where he came from after all he said we were a stepping stone in his case back down the ladder

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Will probably look in to getting a season ticket (or at least going semi-regularly) if we went down. No chance I’m going next season if we stay up. I don’t want us to go down but it wouldn’t be the end of the world right now.

Bloody love the Championship, me.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Realistically, if we go down I can see Veltman, Lamptey, Bissouma and White going as definites to established Prem sides. Probably Webster, MacAllister and March, depending who is interested around the bottom of the Prem.

Pröpper, Walton, Welbeck and Lallana will go regardless

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Take the money away and the Championship is the better league. Far more competitive, better away days, less coverage with nonsense analysis and just all round more fun. No VAR and just being able look at the Lino before celebrating a goal.

Always an odd one to me, talking up the Championship over the PL when faced with dropping back down into it when the whole point of that league is getting promoted from it to the PL otherwise what is the point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here