Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In your opinion then, for the sake of argument assuming it wasn't rape, what else should he apologise for?

Are you serious?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Only that in all the time you've been registered you've not really commented on anything however this thread has doubled your post count. As an aside you do know you can debate a point without slagging off the other side/party or are you a politician?

So what are you saying then? That just reiterates what you previously said. I have commented on plenty of things on here before. Please can you provide me with some examples of when I have 'sl%gg#d off' other people on this thread?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That may very well be the case. But it is not apologising to the victim - even if he continues to deny rape he could still show remorse to her. Just saying "I shouldn't have behaved like that" may be good enough for his girlfriend but not for most people.

So, assuming she did consent to everything as he suggests, what does he really need to apologise to her? Sleeping with a stranger shortly after meeting! Not what a lot of people would do but hardly a crime.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can assume whatever you please mate, I'll go on the decission of a Jury if that's ok with you.

Don't forget the appeals (two to date I think) as well.

Aug 23, 2011
So what are you saying then? That just reiterates what you previously said. I have commented on plenty of things on here before. Please can you provide me with some examples of when I have 'sl%gg#d off' other people on this thread?

Firstly your low post count shows you haven't commented on plenty of things but that is by the by. I didn't mean slagging off other people on the thread, I meant your derogatory comments about the victim. You can argue why you think he's innocent without resorting to that as doing so only weakens your argument.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Which doesn't get it right every time. a fact you have previously acknowledged but still continually ignore when it suits you.

Are you just trying to point score or something? I don't get what this is about. Just seems a slightly irrelevant pop at me using a post that was a reply in context to another post where no suggestion of 100% success was implied or otherwise. Just a bit weird really given all the other discussion points I've made on this thread, and you pick that out. As far as I can tell, it is just a factual statement.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The case review is being fast tracked and that will determine if it goes to the Court of Appeal.

Okay. When will we know the outcome of this initial review?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Firstly your low post count shows you haven't commented on plenty of things but that is by the by. I didn't mean slagging off other people on the thread, I meant your derogatory comments about the victim. You can argue why you think he's innocent without resorting to that as doing so only weakens your argument.

If its 'by the by' why bring it up in the first place? I have commented on plenty of threads on here in the past. You and the other guy / girl seem to be hinting at some sort of conspiracy between me and another poster on this thread but when challenged you are unable to provide me with an answer. Point taken about the derogatory comments about the 'victim' though.

Aug 23, 2011
If its 'by the by' why bring it up in the first place? I have commented on plenty of threads on here in the past. You and the other guy / girl seem to be hinting at some sort of conspiracy between me and another poster on this thread but when challenged you are unable to provide me with an answer. Point taken about the derogatory comments about the 'victim' though.

No conspiracy, I was only speaking tongue in cheek and I don't think the other poster was being entirely serious either.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
So, assuming she did consent to everything as he suggests, what does he really need to apologise to her? Sleeping with a stranger shortly after meeting! Not what a lot of people would do but hardly a crime.

Your missing the point. Evans' behaviour since he was released from prison has adversely influenced public opinion against him. He is a convicted rapist who has refused to speak to the press and except a loaded tabloid style interview with his weepy girlfriend. For what is worth, yes, I think he should have apologised for his behaviour and expressed remorse for putting his victim through this ordeal - protesting innocence or not.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Your missing the point. Evans' behaviour since he was released from prison has adversely influenced public opinion against him. He is a convicted rapist who has refused to speak to the press and except a loaded tabloid style interview with his weepy girlfriend. For what is worth, yes, I think he should have apologised for his behaviour and expressed remorse for putting his victim through this ordeal - protesting innocence or not.

He's most probably under legal advice not to make any gesture that could be seen as admitting guilt, while he still has a legal case

Nick Clegg had the best advice really. He should go and play abroad, at least for a while.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Seems to be a real witch hunt against this guy, you'd be fooled into thinking he was the first footballer on the planet to serve time.

Luke McCormick killed 2 children and still plays for Plymouth today, surely far worse

Its all about contrition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here