Ched Evans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I would have thought that the only new evidence of her admitting consenting, that could be put forward, would be if they obtained a recording of her saying as such. Evans's legal team would have paid a lot of money to one of her close circle of friends if that is what they are putting on the table.

"It is also believed a woman has provided a statement recalling surprising details of a conversation during a taxi journey she took with her to the police station the night after the rape."

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/rapist-footballer-ched-evans-dossier-6611684

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
"It is also believed a woman has provided a statement recalling surprising details of a conversation during a taxi journey she took with her to the police station the night after the rape."

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/rapist-footballer-ched-evans-dossier-6611684

"Crown Prosecution Service guidance states that to allow a victim’s sexual history to be considered in any trial or appeal, the court must be satisfied refusal would result in an unsafe outcome."

"A source close to the appeal team insists the testimony is not “character *assassination” of the victim, but raises potential *inconsistencies in her background and in the chain of events on the night of the attack."

It sounds like an attempt to publicly shame her, and if they can prove she sleeps around, it makes Evans's antics ok. Evan's legal team are so desperate, and he is having untold money thrown into this, it cannot be ruled out that her "friends" will benefit financially from any testimonies.

We will have to see how this plays out and whether this "new evidence" stands up in court.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Call me a cynic, but that article makes it sound like they've basically got a bunch of people to slut shame her, as if her having sex with different men every weekend means she doesn't have a right to expect to not be taken advantage of when in a vulnerable state, and that some damaging revelation from Evans and Macdonald should be ignored. They also seem to still be going after the judge, something that they tried, and failed, with previous attempts to get an appeal.

Maybe their arguments and evidence are more substantial, but that article doesn't give that impression to me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It sounds like an attempt to publicly shame her, and if they can prove she sleeps around, it makes Evans's antics ok. Evan's legal team are so desperate, and he is having untold money thrown into this, it cannot be ruled out that her "friends" will benefit financially from any testimonies.

That could be investigated and easily proved as collusion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or, there has been a miscarriage of justice and they want all the evidence available to be heard by judges. To suggest that her friends will benefit is the same as suggesting she made it up in the first place to 'win big'.

Call me a cynic, but that article makes it sound like they've basically got a bunch of people to slut shame her, as if her having sex with different men every weekend means she doesn't have a right to expect to not be taken advantage of when in a vulnerable state
If a load of people tell the judges that she likes to sleep around, that won't change anything. Evans wasn't found guilty based on the fact that she was known to be choosy.

and that some damaging revelation from Evans and Macdonald should be ignored.
Either the law says that the information should be known to the jury, or not. If not, then of course his lawyers should point that out.

They also seem to still be going after the judge
Again, if he made any mistakes, then his team should point that out. If he didn't, then the Court of Appeal will say so.

Maybe their arguments and evidence are more substantial, but that article doesn't give that impression to me.
I get the impression that you just think he's a scumbag and don't care about the evidence or the law.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Or, there has been a miscarriage of justice and they want all the evidence available to be heard by judges. To suggest that her friends will benefit is the same as suggesting she made it up in the first place to 'win big'.

I'm afraid some people are unable to entertain the possibility that there may have been a miscarriage of justice here. Their mind is made up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm afraid some people are unable to entertain the possibility that there may have been a miscarriage of justice here. Their mind is made up.

Some people are probably going to be VERY uncomfortable with some of the comments they have made if he is found not guilty.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some people are probably going to be VERY uncomfortable with some of the comments they have made if he is found not guilty.
I doubt it, they'll just be stubborn and say he's a scumbag and deserves all he gets.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I doubt it, they'll just be stubborn and say he's a scumbag and deserves all he gets.

It'll be interesting to see if those who previously hid behind "it's the law, not my opinion, the law's" will suddenly do an about turn (which they should, if they're to be consistent).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm with Hans Kraay Fan Club on this. I'm happy with my comments regardless of his legal guilt; by his own admission he's a despicable human.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm with Hans Kraay Fan Club on this. I'm happy with my comments regardless of his legal guilt; by his own admission he's a despicable human.

Not those comments. I don't disagree that what he did was grim, regardless of whether it was legally or technically rape or not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It'll be interesting to see if those who previously hid behind "it's the law, not my opinion, the law's" will suddenly do an about turn (which they should, if they're to be consistent).
I don't remember those posts, who said what?

I'm with Hans Kraay Fan Club on this. I'm happy with my comments regardless of his legal guilt
Did you say much against him, regardless of the facts?
by his own admission he's a despicable human.
This is the main bit where I disagree with many on here. I think there's a huge difference between a rapist and someone who jumps at the opportunity to have sex with an easy bird. And I'm not saying that's what's happened here, but it is possible. If she was totally with it, and willing, is he really that despicable? A bit of a scumbag, mostly for cheating on his girlfriend, but despicable human? I don't think so. (if he is innocent)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did you say much against him, regardless of the facts?

This wasn't a thread I was heavily involved with but I made a few statements about I do not like him and wouldn't want him playing for Brighton etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This wasn't a thread I was heavily involved with but I made a few statements about I do not like him and wouldn't want him playing for Brighton etc.
A bit mild compared to some on this thread, so I don't think Mellotron's comments apply to you.

And I am well aware he's still a convicted rapist, he's not had the conviction quashed yet, and we don't know he will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports