Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If they had done it before they were already treading a fine line.

Personally I wouldn't have sex let alone go down on a bird after she has just had sex with my friend, even if she was begging me. It just goes to show that some don't have any limits.

It is really for the courts to decide, but laws are always being tested and are fluid. What was used to be a massive grey area with sexual offences has got tighter over time, and that has to be good.

You've done those on purpose.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The fact this thread has gone to over 2,500 posts shows that clearly, there is room for SOME (i.e. at least 1%) reasonable doubt. I'm not saying he didn't rape her. But to suggest there is ZERO (0.00000000%) reasonable doubt - considering the massive complexity of the case - is utterly ludicrous.

I think you could apply that logic to all guilty verdicts. What is beyond reasonable doubt. We all have opinions and having served on a jury, it is a hard job to all agree. It's easy to look in and give opinions like we are experts and that somehow all these professionals have got it wrong. Maybe they have or maybe they haven't we will never really know. But my own opinion is that his career is almost but over, I really don't see many clubs wanting the hassle. The whole thing has left a bad taste in people's mouths.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If they had done it before they were already treading a fine line.
Not if the girls they'd seen before (if similar has happened before) are just as happy with the arrangement as they are.

Personally I wouldn't have sex let alone go down on a bird after she has just had sex with my friend
Quite, but there are people with different standards. I've never shagged a stranger, but I'm aware this sort of thing happens a lot, it's what a lot of people want, and just because it's not what I do doesn't mean it's illegal. Just because he's done something that I wouldn't do doesn't necessarily mean he's a rapist, or that he was already treading a fine line. Plenty of people regularly have sex with drunk strangers and it's not a problem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's easy to look in and give opinions like we are experts and that somehow all these professionals have got it wrong.
They weren't professionals, they were a jury. The judge didn't decide, and nor did the court of appeal.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not if the girls they'd seen before (if similar has happened before) are just as happy with the arrangement as they are.

Quite, but there are people with different standards. I've never shagged a stranger, but I'm aware this sort of thing happens a lot, it's what a lot of people want, and just because it's not what I do doesn't mean it's illegal. Just because he's done something that I wouldn't do doesn't necessarily mean he's a rapist, or that he was already treading a fine line. Plenty of people regularly have sex with drunk strangers and it's not a problem.

It's not really about it being a stranger in a one on one event. To me gang banging a drunk stranger opens up a new can of worms though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
When she was tested the following day for alcohol, there was none in her system, but there were traces of cocaine and cannabis. The victim alleged that she was given a spiked drink.
https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

She also lied under oath about her cocaine use. I seem to recall that she said she had had some a few weeks previously but the scientific evidence was that it had only been a few days before. She claims her drink was spiked but there was no evidence of that, let alone evidence that it was McDonald or Evans!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
:lolol: Of course he booked the hotel room for a game of scrabble. The suggestions that he wanted sex that evening are self evident and I am surprised that even you would dispute this.

I thought the story was the he had booked the room for his friends as there was no room for them to stay at Evans' family home, although it would appear they did eventually crash out there. Where are the suggestions that that evening he was just out for sex. Yes, he did end up having sex but there is no evidence that throughout the evening he was looking to have sex with someone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She called the police because her bag was missing, she had left it in the taxi.

No, she called the police when she woke up at 11.30am. She had entered the hotel at 4.15am, apparently very drunk, but tests at 11.30 showed no alcohol in her system at all.

The complainant said that her next memory was waking up in the hotel room at about 11.30am. She realised that she was alone. She was naked and had urinated in the bed. She had a headache and was confused. She reported the matter to the police.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought the story was the he had booked the room for his friends as there was no room for them to stay at Evans' family home, although it would appear they did eventually crash out there. Where are the suggestions that that evening he was just out for sex. Yes, he did end up having sex but there is no evidence that throughout the evening he was looking to have sex with someone.

He did. If you read the case search link that I posted, it is a shortened transcript of the trial.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, she called the police when she woke up at 11.30am. She had entered the hotel at 4.15am, apparently very drunk, but tests at 11.30 showed no alcohol in her system at all.

The complainant said that her next memory was waking up in the hotel room at about 11.30am. She realised that she was alone. She was naked and had urinated in the bed. She had a headache and was confused. She reported the matter to the police.

Not sure that is correct. I think I read somewhere that she rang the Police but did not actually go and get tested until much later in the day.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Who crashed out there??? You make it sound so romantic.

There are plenty of clues to suggest he was out for sex that evening. (I am not even saying that that is a bad thing)

His mate wasn't that desperate for a place to stay overnight. Where did he go after leaving the hotel? Back to his own home we can only presume :lolol:

I know you like to argue the toss but there is a massive contradiction and flaw in your comment with his excuse.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
They weren't professionals, they were a jury. The judge didn't decide, and nor did the court of appeal.

His original appeal was turned down by judges. Add to the fact nobody apart from his defence team are crying out carriage of music justice

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
His original appeal was turned down by judges. Add to the fact nobody apart from his defence team are crying out carriage of music justice

Weren't the judges only deliberating on the fact that the first trial was procedurally correct, including the summing up?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Who crashed out there??? You make it sound so romantic.

There are plenty of clues to suggest he was out for sex that evening. (I am not even saying that that is a bad thing)

His mate wasn't that desperate for a place to stay overnight. Where did he go after leaving the hotel? Back to his own home we can only presume :lolol:

I know you like to argue the toss but there is a massive contradiction and flaw in your comment with his excuse.

Where are these massive clues that he was looking for sex. Perhaps you can identify them rather than make sweeping statements.

Crashed out? Why do you think that sounds romantic. You get pissed and you fall asleep in a chair. You have done that before haven't you? As for MacDonald going back to his own home, I don't even think he lived anywhere near the area!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Weren't the judges only deliberating on the fact that the first trial was procedurally correct, including the summing up?

That and any new evidence, let's also remember it's a judges duty to guide the jury and that comes under the appeal also

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There have been at least 23 arrests made on suspicion of naming the victim by different people, 10 of whom ended up in court. Even last she was illegally named on Twitter, so it isn't just his defence team.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Where are these massive clues that he was looking for sex. Perhaps you can identify them rather than make sweeping statements.

Crashed out? Why do you think that sounds romantic. You get pissed and you fall asleep in a chair. You have done that before haven't you? As for MacDonald going back to his own home, I don't even think he lived anywhere near the area!

I said clues, you want massive clues ???

You said Evans booked the room for his friends to stay because he had no room at his. His friends clearly didn't stay in the room, and Ched couldn't get out of there fast enough.

They were hardly desperate for a place to stay but clearly the room was handy if one of them pulled and it was used as such.

Anyway I'm done with this.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
There have been at least 23 arrests made on suspicion of naming the victim by different people, 10 of whom ended up in court. Even last she was illegally named on Twitter, so it isn't just his defence team.

What's 23 people got to do with anything. A lot more didn't want him signing for their club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here