Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans moved?????

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't comment on the trend, as I don't follow other cases, but that does seem to be the reaction of many regarding this case. Just because there wasn't sufficient (or indeed any) evidence in this case doesn't mean anything about other cases, it doesn't mean drunk women are fair game. It's just one case, with a unique set of circumstances.

Exactly, which is why the feminists are not doing themselves any favours.,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the law is clear about that. If you think the law should be changed, please explain how and why.

By Act of parliament is the normal method, I believe. Not saying it necessarily should happen, just answering your question.

If an accusation of rape is deliberately made knowing it to be false, or malicious or whatever, there are, as I understand it, legal consequences that can - or might - follow; possibly criminal or civil. The difference with this case is that there are too many 'don't know's and 'can't remember's floating about.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't see anywhere that anyone is suggesting that the previous sexual activities of a complainant will preclude her from being raped or from making a complaint. This case was about a woman who couldn't remember what happened and the Police/CPS surmising from that that she was raped. I don't believe anyone can deny that new evidence shouldn't have been heard when you consider that, as I understand it, it suggested that the same words, same positions and same amnesia had occurred several times before (and in one case, even though she didn't remember what happened, she still had several other encounters with the same person).

If an accusation of rape is deliberately made knowing it to be false, or malicious or whatever, there are, as I understand it, legal consequences that can - or might - follow; possibly criminal or civil. The difference with this case is that there are too many 'don't know's and 'can't remember's floating about.

Fair enough, Personally i don't see that there are any winners in this case.

These summarise the case perfectly as far as i can see

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No one is a winner: she's had to undergo two rape trials, and he's spent 2.5 years of his life in prison. Even if he was guilty, he's hardly got away with it. Although for what it's worth, I thought that the verdict in the first trial was dodgy seeing as it was based on no evidence whatsoever, and I think that he suffered from a predudiced decision because he was a rich footballer that came across as very arrogant in his initial police interviews.

The CPS has a lot to answer for. They seem to be taking accusations to court based on little to evidence. Take the example of the bloke who was accused of fingering a woman at a tube station being taken to trial despite the CCTV at the station clearly showing that the accusation was a lie. See link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...x-crime-brushed-past-film-star-rush-hour.html

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
By Act of parliament is the normal method, I believe. Not saying it necessarily should happen, just answering your question.

By "how" I was asking the poster in what way should the law be changed, not the mechanics of making such changes law. (Like you, I don't think a change is required).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If a complainant is found to be lying, they are charged with perverting the course of justice. I know of two convictions in Lewes Crown court for exactly this. Both girls were given custodial sentences.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought that the verdict in the first trial was dodgy seeing as it was based on no evidence whatsoever
:lol: minor point.

and I think that he suffered from a predudiced decision because he was a rich footballer that came across as very arrogant in his initial police interviews.
That's how I feel about it. "We can have any girl we want" isn't a nice way to talk, but that doesn't mean it was inaccurate. I'm sure decent looking footballers who play for Wales can get just about any girl when they're out in Rhyl. And the reason I've often been so vitriolic on here is because the reactions of some posters despite what has appeared to me to be a total of zero evidence that any crime was ever committed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Take the example of the bloke who was accused of fingering a woman at a tube station being taken to trial despite the CCTV at the station clearly showing that the accusation was a lie. See link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...x-crime-brushed-past-film-star-rush-hour.html
Christ. I don't think much of the Mail, so don't know how accurate that all is, but if it's correct, I hope she's tried for false accusation. And so much for judges throwing a case out if they think there's a chance of an unsafe guilty verdict (a comment used to suggest there was some evidence in the Evans trial).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On his second night in prison, Ched Evans heard a metallic clink on the floor. He went over to inspect and found razor blades had been passed under his cell door. 'I thought it was to protect myself,' he says. 'It was only later I realised it was so I could cut my own wrists.'
'They put me on the vulnerable prisoners wing due to the fact they said if I was to be anywhere else I might get stabbed because of the profile of the case and the crime that I was in for. Every day was a nightmare.'
Well I guess he deserved it, right :rolleyes:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Christ. I don't think much of the Mail, so don't know how accurate that all is, but if it's correct, I hope she's tried for false accusation. And so much for judges throwing a case out if they think there's a chance of an unsafe guilty verdict (a comment used to suggest there was some evidence in the Evans trial).

She definitely won't be tried for false accusation. If she was going to have been, the CPS would've done that once they saw the CCTV footage. Instead they still took it to trial and then tried to present the video at half speed as a pathetic attempt to make the allegation look credible. Here's another link to the telegraph story on that so that you don't have to soil your internet history with the Daily Mail:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...leared-of-bizarre-sex-assault-on-actress.html

It's genuinely concerning that any bloke going about his daily business can suddenly have his life ruined all because he brushes past a B list actress on a busy tube station concourse and she has a 'do you know who I am?!' moment.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
She definitely won't be tried for false accusation. If she was going to have been, the CPS would've done that once they saw the CCTV footage. Instead they still took it to trial and then tried to present the video at half speed as a pathetic attempt to make the allegation look credible. Here's another link to the telegraph story on that so that you don't have to soil your internet history with the Daily Mail:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...leared-of-bizarre-sex-assault-on-actress.html

It's genuinely concerning that any bloke going about his daily business can suddenly have his life ruined all because he brushes past a B list actress on a busy tube station concourse and she has a 'do you know who I am?!' moment.

this would be comical if it wasnt so serious. and while blame rightly goes on the CPS, how on earth did the police even take it that far?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here