Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans conduct

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But the same end result no conviction and a clear name and record.

The guy has personally admitted, in court, to absolutely abhorrent behaviour. Whilst he doesn't have a record his name is nowhere near "clear."

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You're entitled to to your view as I am mine.

If it's an opinion, why claim that it's 'The Truth'?

As for the subject matter, why don't you come out from behind your keyboard, identify yourself rather than hiding behind a user name, indemnify NSC in respect of any of your provocative and potentially libellous comments (with proof of such indemnity) and I'm sure you will get on fine.

Until then you're on our 'watched' list, the NSC equivalent of wearing an ankle tag.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
If it's an opinion, why claim that it's 'The Truth'?

As for the subject matter, why don't you come out from behind your keyboard, identify yourself rather than hiding behind a user name, indemnify NSC in respect of any of your provocative and potentially libellous comments (with proof of such indemnity) and I'm sure you will get on fine.

Until then you're on our 'watched' list, the NSC equivalent of wearing an ankle tag.

I'm bricking it about this 'watched list' and I'm
not sure how you 'identify yourself' on a forum?!?

Anyways it's pretty clear what my view is of Ched and what others view is of that kind of behaviour is guilty or not in a court of law.

It's been a great day NSC regulars. I'll probably fade back into my boring real life again and leave you lot to it.

All the best...

����

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was not falsely imprisoned, he was imprisoned because he was a convicted rapist.
And that conviction was wrong.
So what do you think 'falsely imprisoned' means?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
And that conviction was wrong.
So what do you think 'falsely imprisoned' means?
It is a specific criminal offence related to kidnapping - being put in prison after being found guilty by a jury is not false imprisonment

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Being put in prison on false evidence.
No, that's not false imprisonment...and it also not what happened in this case. The jury decided, on the evidence presented to them, that Ched Evans was guilty and then when further evidence was brought forward, a jury decided that he was not guilty. There has been no credible suggestion that anyone lied on either side or that the judges made any mistakes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, that's not false imprisonment...and it also not what happened in this case. The jury decided, on the evidence presented to them, that Ched Evans was guilty and then when further evidence was brought forward, a jury decided that he was not guilty. There has been no credible suggestion that anyone lied on either side or that the judges made any mistakes.

I didn't say it related to this case.

Miscarriages of justice have happened in other cases. The evidence has been falsified to get convictions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is a specific criminal offence related to kidnapping
Being held by the police unlawfully is false imprisonment, but that's not kidnapping. But I'm sure you know what BG meant.

There has been no credible suggestion that anyone lied on either side
I think there has - the complainant denied that she'd use the language that one of the defendants said she used. It looks to me like one of them was lying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here