Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheating *unting *anker of a referee tonight!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was therefore consistent. Exactly the opinion of the Town away support...

He wasn't THE reason we dropped points. He was A factor though. (You?) Ipswich really should not have ended that game with the full compliment. Both Emmanuel and McGoldrick committed second fouls worse than the ones they got their yellows for, but East didn't have the balls to act.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You have asked me 3 questions, answers, no, nothing and no.
But there are plenty of comments on this thread about the match and decisions made, hence my question " which part? "

Obviously the ref didn't cheat, but he made plenty of bad and strange decisions.
I don't like to pay to see a football match and end up watching the ref, a good ref is one that's hardly noticed.

So we agree on most things regarding ref..... I agree he made plenty of decisions we didn`t like ...Some of which Ipswich fans would have thought good decisions. We of course have the benefit of replays etc, He has seconds to make his decisions in real time.
How often do both sides think ref/lino had a good game ? They have to have one of the least appreciated proffesions around. I do think most are OTT with their abuse towards them.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That's all

Screenshot_20170215-150703.png

No wonder you're pissed, look who Mr East is listed next to.
Select referee list for 2013 / 2014 season :whistle:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select_Group_Referees

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Worst ref I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, he didn't.

if you watch the replay he was shot by a sniper in the west stand

We would have gone mental if the ipswich players did the same

You've got to love Mick McCarthy: "I don't blame Bruno for going down. He's had a little tug of his shirt. If I was trying to nick his wallet in a bar or take his beer off him I don't think he'd fall over so easily, but if you pull a shirt you give penalties away."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You've got to love Mick McCarthy: "I don't blame Bruno for going down. He's had a little tug of his shirt. If I was trying to nick his wallet in a bar or take his beer off him I don't think he'd fall over so easily, but if you pull a shirt you give penalties away."

I watched the game and the replay. Bruno did not cheat.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Roles reversed, I'd go a hell of a lot MORE mental at our player for grabbing a massive handful of shirt, and pulling him back.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So we agree on most things regarding ref..... I agree he made plenty of decisions we didn`t like ...Some of which Ipswich fans would have thought good decisions. We of course have the benefit of replays etc, He has seconds to make his decisions in real time.
How often do both sides think ref/lino had a good game ? They have to have one of the least appreciated proffesions around. I do think most are OTT with their abuse towards them.

Yes we do agree on most things regarding the ref, I was never disputing that in the first place.

I think we wouldn't be football fans if we didn't have the occasional rant about the ref. :wink:

But last night the ref did stand out more times than I can remember in any game I've seen this season. We don't have the benefit of replays though do we? The big screens only show goals and some shots at goal/ near misses etc, the sky highlights don't really show refereeing decisions from last nights match.
I know the ref failed to give Albion the advantage at one point and then stopped play and gave us a free kick, this was near the middle of the pitch so advantage would have been better.
At one point he failed to even acknowledge a linesman over a decision, until this was pointed out by players.

The two examples I have mentioned are why fans do have a bit of a rant, I admit this thread hasn't got the best of titles :wink: but I think some posters make some very good comments on here.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

There was no way Bruno would have got the ball with the Ipswich player holding onto his shirt, he did the right thing if you or MM think he went over too easy.
The pitch was wet, Bruno turned to chase the ball and he was pulled back.

There is far too much shirt pulling in football.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Pretty spot on imo

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
14 pages on this topic and nobody has mentioned that we didn't even play the 6mins of injury time with some blatant time wasting going on within it?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Not sure what you're getting at, it was right in front of me. Foregoing the fact his flick looked like it hit the hand of the defender, he then proceeded to take a handful of Bruno's shirt as he rolled him, which blatantly stopped his momentum.

The linesman was twirling his flag ferociously the instant he yanked his shirt, the fact he went over a little theatrically has no relevance to the fact it was an absolute stonewall penalty.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Not sure what you're getting at, it was right in front of me. Foregoing the fact his flick looked like it hit the hand of the defender, he then proceeded to take a handful of Bruno's shirt as he rolled him, which blatantly stopped his momentum.

The linesman was twirling his flag ferociously the instant he yanked his shirt, the fact he went over a little theatrically has no relevance to the fact it was an absolute stonewall penalty.

Spot on. Bizarre to suggest otherwise. Even McCarthy says it was a pen.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

all about opinions me old fruit!

Theatrics have taken over the game we all love....its such a shame.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:wrong:Stand corrected, so there is somebody else who starts the stopwatch on their phone as soon as the clock turns 45/90.

On the press tv it showed the full 6 mins played, just over 51 mins from second half kick off

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
:wrong:Stand corrected, so there is somebody else who starts the stopwatch on their phone as soon as the clock turns 45/90.

The clock is not run by a referee though is it? Also when did people start going to football to time things with their phone, surely you watch the game just in case anything happens?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here