Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cheaper rail fares!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Advance - Southern railway

Stone me, with a YP railcard, you can go to London and back for only £4quid on THURSDAY, that's booking only ONE day ahead.

(It's only £6quid without too).

There hasn't been much fanfare to this announcement as I'm sure Southern wish to keep it quiet but NSC, get on THIS bargain.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well bugger me with a fish fork.

That IS good value, no fancy group booking rubbish either.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Stone me, with a YP railcard, you can go to London and back for only £4quid on THURSDAY, that's booking only ONE day ahead.

There hasn't been much fanfare to this announcement as I'm sure Southern wish to keep it quiet but NSC, get on THIS bargain.

Why only Thursday?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I meant from Thursday onwards. I can't book it for Tomorrow, but from Thursday onwards, you can book for £3 each way.
So could i book my ticket now for Millwall away?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
So could i book my ticket now for Millwall away?

I think the booking system goes to 12 weeks in advance, so not yet, but I may be wrong.

But when it's December you will be able to.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, maybe I'm just being stupid, but how exactly do you buy them? I see nothing on there other than a link to national rail, which then just charges you £20ish. Do you have to register and log in to see the £3 stuff?

Bizarrely enough, its on the nationalexpress booking website for some reason!

National Express Train tickets for travel to London, York, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow

But put in Brighton to London Victoria in journey planner and select Thursday onwards, and you'll get the fare offered.

I then assume you can collect the tickets from the machines at Brighton.

Like I say, it is almost as if they are trying to keep it a secret.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Fine work, bigc. Thanks:clap:

Your welcome!

Seeing as it more than halves the price, it really is good for saving us all a few pounds, which is what we deserve!

Despite all the criticism, certain rail prices seem to be dropping at the moment and I hope it is a general trend that continues.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Sorry for being stupid are these only if you book on line or can you buy from the station on the day?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Presumably I'm subsidising this with the £400 a month I pay them. Thanks.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry for being stupid are these only if you book on line or can you buy from the station on the day?

I would think they have a finite amount of tickets that can be sold for £3 so you are unlikely to be able to buy on the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here