Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] ChatGPT

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
My grandson says that it's more intelligent than humans is it?
What does this mean to mankind? I worry about the future employment of youngsters.
Who is the expert that can tell us exactly where this is going?
Thanks for your help.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really not much different to Sinjab Banjeer in a call centre in Jaipur telling me his name is Bob from Ferring and he supports Brighton, before going on to not help me in any way whatsoever.

It’s just an advance on technology that’s been used for over a decade now. I wouldn’t worry too much. Generations below us like to tell us they have developed something amazing but really, not much has changed since Gen X revolutionised the tech industry. It’s all just tinkering with the same basic idea.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bollocks - sorry - I just accidentally deleted around 15 posts on ChatGPT that I tried to move out of the Graham Potter thread.

@The Fits - you asked about it writing social media posts...

Yes it can. Or, at the very least, it is great for ideation - so get it to spit something out and adapt from there. Eg...

write 10 social media posts for the construction industry

1. "Exciting news! We've just broken ground on a new high-rise development in the heart of the city. Follow our progress as we build one of the most sustainable and innovative buildings in the area. #construction #sustainability #innovation"
  2. "Safety is our top priority on all of our job sites. Our team is trained in the latest safety protocols to ensure a safe work environment for all. #construction #safety #jobsite"
  3. "Our team is proud to be working on the restoration of a historic building in the city. Follow our progress as we bring new life to a beloved landmark. #construction #restoration #history"
  4. "We're proud to be using eco-friendly materials and techniques on all of our projects. We're committed to reducing our impact on the environment. #construction #sustainability #greenbuilding"
  5. "We're excited to announce that our newest project has been awarded LEED certification for its energy-efficient design. #construction #LEED #energyefficiency"
  6. "A behind-the-scenes look at one of our job sites. From the planning stages to the finished product, we take pride in every aspect of our work. #construction #jobsite #makingithappen"
  7. "Our team is dedicated to building not just structures, but also communities. We're proud to be involved in several community development projects. #construction #community #development"
  8. "We're always looking for new and innovative ways to improve our processes. Our team is currently exploring the use of BIM technology on our projects. #construction #technology #BIM"
  9. "We're excited to be working with a talented team of architects and designers on a new residential development. Follow our progress as we create beautiful and functional living spaces. #construction #design #residential"
  10. "We're proud to be a part of the local community. From supporting local charities to hiring local workers, we strive to make a positive impact on the community. #construction #community #givingback"

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
In its most basic form its the next step on from google. You can ask it to write you an essay on a subject and it will grab all the relevant info from the internet and then present it back to you in an essay form. Previously we would use google to get the info and then have to select the relevant parts, then type into an essay format so it does all that for you and saves lots of time. It will change the world imo as the possibilities and uses are mindblowing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
write a song about Brighton & hove albion

Verse 1:
Brighton by the sea, the Seagulls fly so free
With the stripes on our chest, we'll give it our best
From the Amex to the old Goldstone
We'll sing and cheer, never feeling alone

Chorus:
Brighton & Hove Albion, we're the pride of the south
With our fans by our side, we'll never back down
From the kickoff to the final whistle blow
We'll fight for our team, and the stripes we all know

Verse 2:
Through the highs and the lows, we'll stand tall
With our boys in blue and white, we'll never fall
From the terraces to the VIP seats
We'll show our love, and sing with the beats

Chorus:

Bridge:
We'll march on together, through the stormy weather
With the Seagulls on our side, we'll go the extra mile

Chorus:

Outro:
Brighton & Hove Albion, forever in our hearts
With the stripes on our chest, we'll make a new start.

Note that this is a fictional song and i wrote it based on my understanding of the team and soccer culture in general, but it may not reflect the real feelings of the fans or the team.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
In its most basic form its the next step on from google. You can ask it to write you an essay on a subject and it will grab all the relevant info from the internet and then present it back to you in an essay form. Previously we would use google to get the info and then have to select the relevant parts, then type into an essay format so it does all that for you and saves lots of time. It will change the world imo as the possibilities and uses are mindblowing
So does this mean a huge cut in teachers as it will outperform them every time with consistency?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I've played around with it a fair bit and it's very impressive. Undoubtedly, AI will replace a lot of jobs in the near future so the world needs to start planning for it.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
The next few years will be very big for AI. It's been coming for a while with digital assistants and so on, but only now is being demonstrated that it can formulate comprehensible solutions from the limitless sea of data available and to great effect... and it's going to get a lot better and very quickly through machine learning/deep learning.

Absolutely AI will replace countless types of jobs, particularly those which involve humans using data, some more obvious such as bookkeeping, proof reading, etc. We have already seen how 'chatbots' have reduced the amount of real person customer service advisors.

ChatGPT is the most visible example of countless AIs that are being developed. It's impressive, but it wouldn't pass the Turing test...

Should we be worried about it replacing our jobs? Probably not... tech has always replaced jobs, and in theory that has improved our quality of work.

I'd be more concerned about the power of AI being used for social engineering, or maliciously in other ways, personally.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

Verse 1:

Chorus:

Verse 2:

Chorus:

Bridge:

Chorus:

Outro:

Note that this is a fictional song and i wrote it based on my understanding of the team and soccer culture in general, but it may not reflect the real feelings of the fans or the team.
Surely Crystal Palace will just sing back "That's so shite it chatGPT" .." That's so shite it chatGPT".." That's so shite it chatGPT"

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bollocks - sorry - I just accidentally deleted around 15 posts on ChatGPT that I tried to move out of the Graham Potter thread.

@The Fits - you asked about it writing social media posts...

Yes it can. Or, at the very least, it is great for ideation - so get it to spit something out and adapt from there. Eg...

write 10 social media posts for the construction industry

1. "Exciting news! We've just broken ground on a new high-rise development in the heart of the city. Follow our progress as we build one of the most sustainable and innovative buildings in the area. #construction #sustainability #innovation"
  2. "Safety is our top priority on all of our job sites. Our team is trained in the latest safety protocols to ensure a safe work environment for all. #construction #safety #jobsite"
  3. "Our team is proud to be working on the restoration of a historic building in the city. Follow our progress as we bring new life to a beloved landmark. #construction #restoration #history"
  4. "We're proud to be using eco-friendly materials and techniques on all of our projects. We're committed to reducing our impact on the environment. #construction #sustainability #greenbuilding"
  5. "We're excited to announce that our newest project has been awarded LEED certification for its energy-efficient design. #construction #LEED #energyefficiency"
  6. "A behind-the-scenes look at one of our job sites. From the planning stages to the finished product, we take pride in every aspect of our work. #construction #jobsite #makingithappen"
  7. "Our team is dedicated to building not just structures, but also communities. We're proud to be involved in several community development projects. #construction #community #development"
  8. "We're always looking for new and innovative ways to improve our processes. Our team is currently exploring the use of BIM technology on our projects. #construction #technology #BIM"
  9. "We're excited to be working with a talented team of architects and designers on a new residential development. Follow our progress as we create beautiful and functional living spaces. #construction #design #residential"
  10. "We're proud to be a part of the local community. From supporting local charities to hiring local workers, we strive to make a positive impact on the community. #construction #community #givingback"
Sounds perfect. Can you give it a personality or consistent voice IE make it sound like a cantankerous cynic who secretly hates the majority of their industry? #gamechanger

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Verse 1:

Chorus:

Verse 2:

Chorus:

Bridge:

Chorus:

Outro:

To be fair, it's a lot better than many efforts on these boards...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Verse 1:

Chorus:

Verse 2:

Chorus:

Bridge:

Chorus:

Outro:

I think that illustrates my point. If I didn’t know that had been written by a bot, I’d have guessed at a 7-8 yr old or a bobble-hatter :)

Nothing to get too excited about.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I really need to have a play with this. Is it clever than humans - not even close. But it is very clever. I have watched a couple of Youtube videos where it is asked to write code - one for the 40 year old Commodore 64 basic. And it sort of does. I mean it does but it nearly always needs debugging. I believe Microsoft are looking at putting it into Bing so you can chat with the search engine.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I feel the last paragraph of the outro is weak :) but it’s depressingly competent.

It does feel that we’re about to allow algorithm’s even more power and control over human life (including at least partly shaping our media view) and the absence of mass human scrutiny from the inner workings of such algorithms, effectively making them “black boxes” I find deeply disquieting.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So does this mean a huge cut in teachers as it will outperform them every time with consistency?
In theory, no. Teaching is about so much more than just regurgitating facts.

Whether the British government realises that is another thing entirely.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Verse 1:

Chorus:

Verse 2:

Chorus:

Bridge:

Chorus:

Outro:

Very similar to THAT Reading effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here