Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton sold out?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can't get F***** tickets for either. It says my son already ha a ticket assigned to hjm for Boro. ARRRRGGGH. Of course he doesn't. Most frustrating morning of my life ever. Shit ticket system.

.....and relax. Or not.

Obviously phoned the club. We have taken the boys to some aways but not others and also bought tickets for friends at home. This means the two adults have got Boro tickets but not the two kids. Shame we booked travel for four :rant:

So, words of warning. Firstly everyone in your F&F has to have the right number of points for the tranche. Secondly THE TICKET SYSTEM DOESN'T TELL YOU THIS. You get a generic error. grrr.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
.....and relax. Or not.

Obviously phoned the club. We have taken the boys to some aways but not others and also bought tickets for friends at home. This means the two adults have got Boro tickets but not the two kids. Shame we booked travel for four :rant:

So, words of warning. Firstly everyone in your F&F has to have the right number of points for the tranche. Secondly THE TICKET SYSTEM DOESN'T TELL YOU THIS. You get a generic error. grrr.

It does mention in the FAQ that you have to have the correct number of points. Always been the same!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If it's Block A - F then its the front row. If it's Block G - L then it's right in the middle.

Seem to recall from previous visits that A may be 2nd or 3rd row at front as they have an AA or something similar for front row

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It does mention in the FAQ that you have to have the correct number of points. Always been the same!

I don't doubt it. It's a fair enough system as it rewards the loyal fans (though kids can hardly buy their own tickets) but you're not going to look at the FAQs when the error message on the system tells you something completely different is wrong!!!

Trust me, I work in computer software and incorrect error messages and loops of hell are users two biggest frustrations. The ticket system is great WHEN it works but it can't cope with the slightly unusual.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Seem to recall from previous visits that A may be 2nd or 3rd row at front as they have an AA or something similar for front row

True on the sides. We had A last year, just to the right of the goal and there were 2 small rows in front of us. No one sites where they were allocated at Charlton anyway

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't doubt it. It's a fair enough system as it rewards the loyal fans (though kids can hardly buy their own tickets) but you're not going to look at the FAQs when the error message on the system tells you something completely different is wrong!!!

Trust me, I work in computer software and incorrect error messages and loops of hell are users two biggest frustrations. The ticket system is great WHEN it works but it can't cope with the slightly unusual.

Works fine for me, and I have been one of the biggest critics of it (and still am in some regards).

Maybe it's because I've bought a fair few times that I know that this...

You have selected an invalid number of tickets either for this ticket owner (McKay, Ben), at this price type, or for this event.

...means he doesn't have enough loyalty points - but I know that already.

Also, kids can't buy their own tickets, but when you buy them you allocate them to the kids and if you'd done that enough times then they'd have enough loyalty points.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll add, finally, that Charlton have hospitality for £70pp that includes an away end ticket. Might be of use to someone.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
If I don't have enough points but friends and family do does this mean only they can actually book the tickets?

Just have a dash next to Middlesbrough currently

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If I don't have enough points but friends and family do does this mean only they can actually book the tickets?

Just have a dash next to Middlesbrough currently

You can buy on their behalf, just assign each ticket to someone with enough points. They need to already be in your Friends & Family or add them in as part of the buying process.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
.....and relax. Or not.

But it does (at least sometimes)......when I tried to get tickets last week, I was Ok but my lad wasn't as I was over the points threshold and he wasn't. Message that came up at checkout time was very clear......

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
True on the sides. We had A last year, just to the right of the goal and there were 2 small rows in front of us. No one sites where they were allocated at Charlton anyway

Always one of the few where they do in my experience, as the stewards check the tickets.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
You can buy on their behalf, just assign each ticket to someone with enough points. They need to already be in your Friends & Family or add them in as part of the buying process.

That's what I thought but it's not letting me get that far to assign owners, I definitely have 5 who have enough points.

Maybe the 2006 are sold out

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's what I thought but it's not letting me get that far to assign owners, I definitely have 5 who have enough points.

Maybe the 2006 are sold out

Seems ok to me - just need to assign an owner to each.

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 10.46.59.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here