Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlton Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

talk2knighty

Dec 26, 2014
f***ing hell... garbage, no other word to describe it.

Can't even blame missed chances because far too few were created.

Just not good enough.
Oh well, at least we can concentrate on slowly dropping into the relegation zone and losing a few players to Chelsea now..,

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Wasn't expecting a WC level of performance but that was shocking. Great chance to go through thrown away. As for the pens, I can barely believe what I witnessed.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Continuing our tradition of not giving a single shit about this competition then. Year after year it happens.
I think they tried their best, just faced a very resolute Charlton side on a day when we were very poor

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
What an opportunity missed. Beat Arsenal and then lose to Charlton. De Zerbi was saying in his pre match press conference he knows what he want from the January window and this will confirm it . Simply not good enough. I’m proper angry about that result.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So so predictable, 40 years of seeing Brighton fail in cup games when up against inferior teams when close to making the final stages

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
When will this Club take Cup games seriously ? NEVER let Solly March take a penalty ! doesn't have the mentality for it.

Feel so sorry for the 6,000 plus that made the effort

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Solly does it again.. the joke that keeps on giving..
Putting him on 5th pen was a stupid decision. He has his good moments, but give him any responsibility and he'll bottle it. Just knew he was going to fluff his lines again.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Dunk never fails from the spot which is more than can be said for Gross.
Solly can't score from anywhere so God knows why he took one.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Oh well, this happens from time to time. Every season numerous big clubs get knocked out of the cups by smaller clubs. I'm not too disappointed.

We played okay. But in reality, it was a glorified friendly following the World Cup. This meant a lot to Charlton, they fought hard for this, so fair play to them, it's a good cup run for them.

The most striking thing from me to take from this, is how we are regarded as a big club now, and Charlton are not. This felt like a giant killing tonight, by the way the commentry and the opposition reacted. Man, how far we have come.

Anyway, bring on Boxing Day... and let's do a little bit better in the FA Cup when it comes round chaps - that one actually matters.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Putting him on 5th pen was a stupid decision. He has his good moments, but give him any responsibility and he'll bottle it. Just knew he was going to fluff his lines again.
He wouldn’t even have taken it if Gross or Trossard could put it in the net as well

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It was obvious we didn't want to win when March stepped up to take a penalty. I knew it was going over. ( nothing against March personally)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here