Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlton Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Undav's a funny one, seems to like to stick close to the two centre backs and try and put himself about, but unfortunately he's about half the size of most of them

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Poor half.

Very slow in possession. Gilmour standing and demanding the ball, only to lay a 5 yard pass and then demand it back, with very little if any “pass appreciation” (progression forwards).

Caicedo at left back is very strange, no idea why this is happening. He’s playing fine, but no idea why he is out of position.

Several players noticeably off the pace; Groß, Lallana, Gilmour and perhaps even Dunk at times.

Undav and, in particular, Enciso have been rather poor. Enciso has lost possession practically every single time and is in their right back’s pocket so far. Undav just looks off the pace, and to my eyes at least, not in peak condition physically.

We look physically lightweight without Welbeck, and have struggled for touches back to goal. Undav plays off the shoulder, there is nobody to play off in and around the penalty box. So we knock it around in front of their deep block hoping to find space for Solly or Lamptey. Then they have nobody to aim for in the box with any presence.

I think their keeper looks very shaky and I’m surprised we’ve done so little to test him.

We need to up the tempo considerably in the second half in order to win this match.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Maybe Veltman on for Lallana, go back three, push Enciso more central with Lamptey and March swapping the forwrd wingback role.
Or, score a couple of quick goals, then bring some one else on :shrug:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Finding Enciso a bit frustrating. One moment he'll ping in a great pass and then the next try a silly trick that wasn't on and lose possession.

Gilmour growing more into the game. Undav looking isolated.
Enciso trying a bit too hard to impress I think, but final ball every time is wrong. But then that's the same for everyone. Mitoma coming on I think.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We’re huffing and puffing but not really hurting them, need to speed up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe Veltman on for Lallana, go back three, push Enciso more central with Lamptey and March swapping the forwrd wingback role.
Or, score a couple of quick goals, then bring some one else on :shrug:
Or score a couple of quick goals and most NSCers could see it home from there :wink:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Same old trouble dealing with the low block park the bss teams that can hit us on the counter.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
well Mitoma will give us an edge and good move taking off Enciso he wasn’t connecting at all on the right - looking isolated.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That attempt on goal by Gilmour might just have lit a fuse under his butt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here