Charlie Oatway critcis

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Well after all the shit that Charlie took on this board, i hope you arse holes that gave him that shit watched the game today. The bloke was absolutly awesome,

Everytime we go on a bad run, Oatway is absolutly ripped apart and told he is not good enough and what a waste of space he is.

I would pick up over Nicolas everytime at the moment. he runs his arse off, chases everything and his tackling is great. His passing is not the best and never will be, but he is there to win the ball back.

Charlie was different class today and by far the best player on the pitch for us.

Good performance, we battered them the whole game, unlucky not to win but never mind. Lets get a win at burnley. They have lost their last 5.

It is so close at the bottom and won't be over till last game I reckon.

Lets get behind ALL of the players and get us out of this mess!!
We can do it

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Well played Charlie! I would have him in my starting 11 every time. In this situation Charlie is a vital player to have around.

Well, I hope some of his critics have the guts to admit they were wrong, but on past experience, that doesn't happen much on NSC.

The thing that really stops sensible, civilised discussion about Albion footy on NSC is this bizarre tendency people have to single out players and magnify their faults a hundredfold.

The problem this creates is that people go so bizzarely overboard with their slag-offs, that there is just no sensible way back for them, they just paint themselves completely into a corner. They don't allow some ambiguity or doubt that their 100% slag-off of a player might be wrong. They are then left in the frankly pathetic position of having to rubbish a player at every opportunity just as an act of self-justification. Very, very sad that any Albion fan gets themselves into such a position :nono:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think Charlie is great in 3-5-2 or 5-3-2, but struggles when we play 4-4-2.
He's a top bloke, but sometimes he can be truly rubbish.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
n1 gull said:
I think Charlie is great in 3-5-2 or 5-3-2, but struggles when we play 4-4-2.
He's a top bloke, but sometimes he can be truly rubbish.
you're sitting on the fence then:nono: :clap2: :nono: :clap2: :nono: :clap2: :nono: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
i am an oatway critic

i didnt go to the game today but reports sound good so fair play to him.

however, my opinion still stands- one good game in the last 6 speaks for itself and anyone suddenly suggesting he is a great player would be alot more foolish than the people who criticise him after seeing him play 100+ times.

(agree entirely with n1 gull. hopefully MM will stick with this formation for the rest of the season so we can see the best of charlie and the squad.)

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The knockers and doubters will hide away without making comment until the next opportunity arises for them to knock Chas, way of the world I'm afraid.
There will certainly be no humble pie on NSC.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Harty said:
The knockers and doubters will hide away without making comment until the next opportunity arises for them to knock Chas, way of the world I'm afraid.
There will certainly be no humble pie on NSC.

Like the doubters that come on your show Harty knocking down Mcghee, Dick Knight and the players everytime we lose.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
thats the beauty of free speach Harty- posters can say what they want when they want. i dont rate Oatway, i never will and im not ashamed to admit it but threads like these are just excuses for slanging matches.

football is all about opinions huh?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
class:clap: :clap:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
the right footed denilson said:
thats the beauty of free speach Harty- posters can say what they want when they want. i dont rate Oatway, i never will and im not ashamed to admit it but threads like these are just excuses for slanging matches.

football is all about opinions huh?

Go and stick your head in that red soil at the end of your road. That's my opinion. It's as valid and as ridiculous as the crap that has spewed forth about Chas on this board over the past few weeks.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I said i thought he wasn;t good enough for this division and i still stand by that despite a good performance today - He is not a championship player - fact.

To be honest my slagging of him probably spurred him on too prove me wrong if he read the post on here.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Oatway was not our MOM. If it hadn't been Guy Butters it should have been Paul Reid or Chippy. But it's a team game.

Charlie was very good for an hour but then drifted. IMO he should have been subbed rather than Dean Hammond - not that I'd have brought on Nathan Jones anyway.
Here comes the abuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports