Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Hebdo - merged

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What is there that could have been "voted on" here - genuine question. I don't see this having much to do with European questions, if that is the implication.

Thanks. Sorry, you are right -it is not clear. I meant that at no time has the british people been asked as to whether we wish to become multi-cultural, involving large-scale immigration, which would mean some areas of inner cities being changed beyond recognition. It has just been taken as read. I am NOT saying we should reject multi-culturalism necessarily -it is bit late now anyway - just that it has never been put to us.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Suspects holed up in the offices of a small printing company. Could this be where Charlie Hebdo was printed and therefore on their target list ? Failing that it could be quite a coincidence that what started as an attack on The Press will end in a printing works.

My first impression was that it must be an intentional location, as why else were they still so close to Paris and not long gone. Unless their escape plans backfired I suppose.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Thanks. Sorry, you are right -it is not clear. I meant that at no time has the british people been asked as to whether we wish to become multi-cultural, involving large-scale immigration, which would mean some areas of inner cities being changed beyond recognition. It has just been taken as read. I am NOT saying we should reject multi-culturalism necessarily -it is bit late now anyway - just that it has never been put to us.

Yes I remember the large influx of Normans, we didn't get to vote on that. Came over here took all the plum jobs and forced their misogynist women-hating views on us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Thanks - and no need to be sorry.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My first impression was that it must be an intentional location, as why else were they still so close to Paris and not long gone. Unless their escape plans backfired I suppose.

close to the airport with allegedly a rocket launcher is another theory I have just put out there

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
close to the airport with allegedly a rocket launcher is another theory I have just put out there

Put out there as in just made this post?

They would need to right under the end of the runway to stand any chance of hitting a plane with an RPG. They are 16 miles away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Looks like the end game is afoot, apparently now " ready to die as martyrs " . as pointed out on tv it was odd that they actually left the scene of the original crime suggesting they had unfinished business elsewhere.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

They would need to right under the end of the runway to stand any chance of hitting a plane with an RPG. They are 16 miles away.

Indeed, they would need to be within a couple of hundred yards to have any chance of hitting a plane with an unguided weapon like an RPG.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I remember on Question Time a particular indignant white British woman convert spewing bile against the west and its ideals shortly after 9/11, only for Mingus Campbell to respond by starting with 'firstly can I commend you on your conviction in wishing to convert to Islam' ............ Really !!! talk about undoing 100's of years of political struggle to try and have some semblance of equality, tolerance and rights, he took this moment to uniquely commend a convert before making a pigs ear of a response to her vitriol.

The same was when Ian Blair the then Police Chief of London's Met, to respond to a Londoner who was concerned to the changing complexion of her neighbourhood due to immigration, for the him to respond by saying how joyful he feels when his daughter meets up with friends to go shopping at the weekends, he was excitied that within that group were girls from different countries and different ethnicities, of all the undoubted challenges that immigration posed to his capital he found a group of middle class girls going on a shopping trip a fair representation of what was actually happening and he was the police Chief, astonishing really !!!!!

You bet we havent been asked about Multicultralism but as you can see the ruling classes have it covered !!!

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Yep, although they could have been heading to the airport. Many targets at an airport, but I had no idea the distance the RPG could go. apologies to everyone

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So now they either die 'as martyrs' or go to jail for the rest of their lives and force their radical Islam down the throats of inmates, putting more Jihadi nutcases on the streets.

Not really any winners in all of this. ****ing scum.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There will be 72 very lucky virgins soon. Die and rot, w*nkers

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So now they either die 'as martyrs' or go to jail for the rest of their lives and force their radical Islam down the throats of inmates, putting more Jihadi nutcases on the streets.

Not really any winners in all of this. ****ing scum.
Solitary.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

Sorry old fruit, but by and large we live in a representative democracy, not a plebiscitary one. That means you get the opportunity to cast your vote for someone to represent you at different levels, up to and including the European Parliament. The only plebiscites have been for European membership and devolution (in Scotland and Wales).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here