Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Gilmour released after just 4 months (merged)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I see he is about to be released on curfew and some parts of the media are suggesting he will regain his place at Cambridge Uni.

With this being so soon after Remembrance Sunday IMHO he should be made to clean the Cenotaph with his toothbrush and do some proper community work for Help the Heroes and Walking with the Wounded. He brought disgrace to his generation and undermined those trying to peacefully protest about student fees. Don't suppose he will have to worry about how his fees are to be paid.

Typical of the chinless wonder generation who just think its a laugh to do what they like on our streets. His Mother claiming he was made a scapegoat. I fear he will be welcomed back into their fold with hero status. Makes me feel sick.

His step father might be one of the best guitarists on the planet but hope his privileged circumstances don't massage the shame he should be feeling.
I hope he got a lot of stick whilst in prison. Rant over.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
c harlie Gilmour released after just 4 months

Just been released after 4 months of a 16 month sentence , the little cvnt should have done the whole lot in my opinion, especially insulting timing straight after remembrance sunday.

Should be made to visit a relative of every single soldier who has lost their life in the service of country while crawling on hands and knees begging forgiveness.

Failing that, hang the little shit and if he dies hang him again until he doesn't.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
The ex-environment minister Elliot Morley was sentenced to 16 months for fiddling his parliamentary expenses to the tune of £30,000. He served a quarter of his sentence.
Expenses cheat MP Jim Devine was released from prison after serving a quarter of his sentence. He was sentenced to 16 months.

David Chayter the first M.P to be jailed for expenses, served a quarter of his sentence.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Aren't our prisons housing record numbers and bursting at the seams? I very much doubt he is classed as a menace to society, so don't have a huge problem with him being released early.

The little prat has hopefully learned his lesson.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Aren't our prisons housing record numbers and bursting at the seams? I very much doubt he is classed as a menace to society, so don't have a huge problem with him being released early.

Exactly.

They needed to kick him out to get the sell ready for two low lifes about to be sent down for Stephen Lawrences murder.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't have a problem with this. 4 months in prison seems plenty long enough to reflect on a stupid indescretion, however shameful.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
He served 4 months for being a complete twat, he has shamed himself and brought shame on his family, he's on Tag and im sure there are some strict rules regarding his release from prison.

He is a grade A twat, and i hope he gets reminded of what he did every day.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree that Gilmore should not be occupying a precious prison cell. But being allowed to serve the balance of his sentence under curfew at home having to wear a nasty bracelet (which no doubt he will parade as a badge of honour among his chinless friends) and being pampered by Mummy is not exactly a hardship compared to being in custody, so do think he has got off lightly. However that seems to be the norm these days.

Hence my suggestion of him being set to do relevant community work so the public see some form of sanction and maybe as a deterrent to others.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Its obvious that it was a moment of sheer stupidity rather than an actual targetting of the memorial itself or what it represents.

And I see no reason why it should halt him from a Cambridge education, personally.

4 months is fine by me. Personally I would have prefered community service as locking him up doesnt really reflect the crime IMO.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

I agree with this 100%.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Agreed.

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
Im more disgusted that an elected and well paid government minister fiddled £30,000 of taxpayers money and only got four months. I'd seriously consider doing four months in Ford open prison for £30,000.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Exactly.

They needed to kick him out to get the sell ready for two low lifes about to be sent down for Stephen Lawrences murder.

spot on!
All these skanky lowlives cost on average £41,000 to keep em locked up per year per chav!
So no wonder people that carry knives dont automatically get a prison sentence & other low lives get released early.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Im more disgusted that an elected and well paid government minister fiddled £30,000 of taxpayers money and only got four months. I'd seriously consider doing four months in Ford open prison for £30,000.

And have to pay the money back, so you gain nothing except a record and a sore *rse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here