Charity Shield win in 1910.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
You know those pies at the Amex.... :eek:

Only kidding. Well, Charlie Webb who scored the goal went on to become manager of the club between WWI and WWII.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I used to work with someone who was Billy Booth's grand-daughter. He died in Sussex in the 60s

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The mock cigarette cards of the team might still be available in the club shop if you are that interested.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I was interested to read the other day that our Charity Shield win counts as a "major" trophy - ranking alongside FA CUP Winners, League Cup Winners etc.

Don't think the Zenith Data Cup falls into this category :lolol:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
champions of England.jpg

Attachments

• champions of England.jpg
    champions of England.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 221

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Joe Leeming. He holds the record at Brighton for the most games by an outfield player without scoring. About 300 IIRC

did anyone see them dickheads near the the south east corner, smoking pipes and wearing flat caps, constantly slagging Charlie Webb off, I heard one of them saying they hadn't been to a match since 1903? I think it was the same lot that were at Bournemouth causing trouble last season

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I was interested to read the other day that our Charity Shield win counts as a "major" trophy - ranking alongside FA CUP Winners, League Cup Winners etc.

Don't think the Zenith Data Cup falls into this category :lolol:

In those days the Charity Shield was actually an important game. A play off between the Football League champions and Southern League champions...effectively a cup final match to decide the best team in England.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
The manager, Jack Robson, came to us from the scum and moved on tho ManU, where he was the first English manager not to also be club secretary.

He died in 1922 (pneumonia) aged 61. A ripe old age in those days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports