Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chants today

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Some of the chants today were top notch.

"we play proper football"
"what's it like to see a pass"
"i wanna go home, stoke is a shithole, I want to go home"

Good work to outsing the nosiest fans in the country (apparently).

Shame about the result, thought we gave it a good go.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
All sounded great on the radio! We are definately premiership in chanting and they are Blue Square in singing.

spooookie1

Feb 9, 2011
Derby
We were in the Seddon stand with the stokies,and they were getting very pee'd off with the "whats it like to see a pass" chant.So they started cheering every pass from their team,despite the fact they were passing backwards.Albion fans could be heard above the stoke fans even where we were.

spooookie1

Feb 9, 2011
Derby
I should add,all credit to the stoke fans,we never felt threatened or unwelcome.I like the Britannia,and their fans,hope they win the cup.
Apart from the first half performance and result,it was a very enjoyable day out in Stoke.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I should add,all credit to the stoke fans,we never felt threatened or unwelcome.I like the Britannia,and their fans,hope they win the cup.
Apart from the first half performance and result,it was a very enjoyable day out in Stoke.
Yep, really nice stewards too. Top blokes.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I'd read they're supposed to be some of the loudest fans. The first ten minutes, I think they might well have been, but all the fans seemed to fall asleep after their goals, hardly heard a thing after that

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd read they're supposed to be some of the loudest fans. The first ten minutes, I think they might well have been, but all the fans seemed to fall asleep after their goals, hardly heard a thing after that

To be fair to them I doubt tonking us 3-0 in 30 minutes flat is the most exciting thing they see this season. I can see how they're loud when they get going as both sides of that stand join in with the singing.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Great credit to us today. 3-0 down at half time, we gave it a better go in second half, and we showed how good our support is to give them all a standing ovation at end. We out shone what is supposed to be one of the better home crowds today.

Today will teach us a few lessons, but will only help us keep our feet on the ground for the title push now.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I think knocking their support is a little harsh - when they get it together they are very loud! Delilah sounded great as always, also thought 'Stoke will tear you apart again' sounded particularly good too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
good support,yes they were fine but was there really a need for the 50+ old bill outside the away gate after???

Yes it was a bit regimented. One of the local coppers did make me laugh, "don't worry the buses will be getting you away from this shit hole soon."

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
good support,yes they were fine but was there really a need for the 50+ old bill outside the away gate after???

And why do they just stand in the way of everyone. It's hardly a high risk game. Everyone was really friendly today, even when we ventured into the local cricket club for a beer which was full of stoke fans. A great bunch to talk to! But the police overkill is just stupid and intimidating, and was a bit of a letdown, but not down to the club.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
agree with both of above! just didnt see the need for 50+ old bil and 20-30 stewards outside getting in everyones way!! must admitt bus there was hilarious ad cracking atmosphere.in response to 'we wana go home' old bill even responded with 'i want you to go home' so fair play!! for those that ventured over to the terrace inn for crawley game as well that was decent

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Loved it when they briefly sang "it's just like watching Brazil" :lol:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Our song choice was definately better today especially in the second half, was quite funny when we were 'ole'ing their every pass and doing the throw action! Stoke were louder than Watford, but didn't exactly live up to the 'loudest supporters in the land' description.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
No, they were singing "its just like watching west brom..."

I thought "world cup ref, you're having a laugh" was pretty good too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here