Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chants/club songs that you hate hearing

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Norwich lay claim to the oldest football song, so my yellow feathered friend tells me - "On the Ball, City" - I think.

I don't like the "We're the North Stand..." song either. It is distracting and a verbal Mexican wave. "Stand Up if you hate..." is also rather dull.

Im Not A JCL

Aug 29, 2011
BN15
i hate ''by far the greatest team'', ''glory,glory......''and ''stand up''

but like ''we love you'', the great escape(these only good away) and i like the ''jump around'',

and also in WSU, we get ''Gus Poyet's Blue & White Army'' going alot

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Anything to 'Sloop John B', unless sung for ironic purposes.
That St Pauli song sung by ANYONE.
"We're f***ing brilliant!" during the middle of a game, it's just asking for a comeback.
"EIEIEIO up the football league we go" (or Premya LEEEG when sung by the Geordies) followed by some words at the speed of light that I'm yet to understand.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Do do do do f***ing useless!! I like pretty much every song & chant on the North stand but that one gets on my tits

Whitley Dennis

Apr 11, 2012
The worst song I have EVER heard at a football match was your "Brighton - Passion Like Fire..." song from a few years ago, sung to the 'Bright Eyes' tune from Watership Down. So embarrassing for you - but hilarious for us away fans!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Bognor Regis singing THAT Palace (now North Stand :shootself) song at Worthing. According to the World Health Organization, 80% of the World's population will be singing it within the next 2 years.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
The chant that makes me laugh the most is the West Ham one “I’m forever blowing bubbles”. With their “Ard Man” image most of them Green St wannabies try to portray, they start singing about pretty bubble in the air..... priceless!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
The chant that makes me laugh the most is the West Ham one “I’m forever blowing bubbles”. With their “Ard Man” image most of them Green St wannabies try to portray, they start singing about pretty bubble in the air..... priceless!

this - was only thinking this the other day when they were on tv

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

One of the best football songs around IMO. And they sing it properly.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Slightly off topic but one of my favourite opposition chants was from Wigan fans when they were last in the Championship-sung to their Australian goalkeeper John Filan:.........'There's only one F in Filan, 1 F in Filan'. Found that one quite amusing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here