Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chant of the day yesterday

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
What's that coming over the hill? Is it a monster? Is it a monsterrrr?:thumbsup::clap2::bowdown:

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
All borderline racist chanting yesterday

I love the fact we were calling him freak etc and he was the same height as Elphick.

Elphick has grown load since his debut at Reading when we got spanked when McGhee was in charge and his brother got sent off

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
What's that coming over the hill? Is it a monster? Is it a monsterrrr?:thumbsup::clap2::bowdown:

Was funny the first time, as was the "you're just a shit Peter Crouch" chant, but by the end of the game it was definetely wearing thin, especially because he wasn't actually particularly freakish - it was more of a silly joke the first few times but by the end it was pretty much bullying!

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I was getting increasingly embarassed about our support yesterday. I have noticed the chav count increase a lot recently.

Im all for getting behind the team but the amount of people screaming C**t at any given opportunity was was embarassing and uncalled for

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
I wasn't at the homegame, but apparently he flipped. If he had flipped yesterday, got sent off, and we had won the game, I doubt people would be moaning

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought the NT's fans singing "Where's your dummy gone" at FDM after his TANTRUM at Bomber was quite good.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall

I love the fact we were calling him freak etc and he was the same height as Elphick.
that bit was amussing me as well but here does look like a freak!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
According to a mate of mine at work the Northampton fans sing that Monster song to him as well, but obviously as a compliment.

I try to never have a go at opposition players for anything other than when they are out of order. Their keeper deserved to get barracked last night but not the big guy.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Elphick has grown load since his debut at Reading when we got spanked when McGhee was in charge and his brother got sent off

Another promising career ruined by McGhee...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he would be bloody effective in our team with all this long ball crap we seem to play

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was getting increasingly embarassed about our support yesterday. I have noticed the chav count increase a lot recently.

I'm all for getting behind the team but the amount of people screaming C**t at any given opportunity was was embarassing and uncalled for

This has been on the increase for a year or so. I am not in any way wanting to discourage all types of fans from following the Albion. For many many years a large contingent of football fans have been Male, late teens early 20s, laddish, a bit intimidating, had a few beers and colourful language.

However, the use of such language is pretty much uncalled for nowadays, there are many more elderly fans, females, children etc, who would, in fact do find it offensive, you just can't use that sort of language acceptably any more at a football game.

Perhaps we should campaign for a swearing stand at the new stadium in North Brighton.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
This has been on the increase for a year or so. I am not in any way wanting to discourage all types of fans from following the Albion. For many many years a large contingent of football fans have been Male, late teens early 20s, laddish, a bit intimidating, had a few beers and colourful language.

However, the use of such language is pretty much uncalled for nowadays, there are many more elderly fans, females, children etc, who would, in fact do find it offensive, you just can't use that sort of language acceptably any more at a football game.

i agree, there's a group of lads who think they are the top dogs at away games but should really just get girlfriends and grow up a bit, although i like people starting up original songs i really dislike bullying.

example, and there was people laughing all around me, at millwall on boxing day and a guy with long hair and a beard comes into the stand and is shuffling along the row of seats about 5 rows in front of them, one of these lads starts berating him with 'jesus, give us a wave' whilst pointing his finger at him and generally drawing attention to a situation that was probably a bit embarressing for the fan.

to be honest this lad shouldn't be making any statements to anybody about hairstyles as his paroxide mess could land him in sticky situation himself!

and what is it with these mockney accents when singing? i'm pretty sure hollingbury is not within the sound of the Bow bells? or the extra ooomph they give to swear words in songs, it makes me cringe.

to be fair, these lads also have some songs that really make me laugh, but easy bullying to fellow fans i can't condone.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Perhaps we should campaign for a swearing stand at the new stadium in North Brighton.

How old were you when you went to your first game?

I was eight. I went with my Dad, brother(11years old) next door neighbour(in his 70's) and my grandmother and grandfather. Thewre was constant swearing, fencing all around the ground separating home and away fans and regular threats of violence from both sets of fans. None of us found it particularly offensive.

How come it's offensive now?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
i agree, there's a group of lads who think they are the top dogs at away games but should really just get girlfriends and grow up a bit, although i like people starting up original songs i really dislike bullying.

example, and there was people laughing all around me, at millwall on boxing day and a guy with long hair and a beard comes into the stand and is shuffling along the row of seats about 5 rows in front of them, one of these lads starts berating him with 'jesus, give us a wave' whilst pointing his finger at him and generally drawing attention to a situation that was probably a bit embarressing for the fan.

to be honest this lad shouldn't be making any statements to anybody about hairstyles as his paroxide mess could land him in sticky situation himself!

and what is it with these mockney accents when singing? i'm pretty sure hollingbury is not within the sound of the Bow bells? or the extra ooomph they give to swear words in songs, it makes me cringe.

to be fair, these lads also have some songs that really make me laugh, but easy bullying to fellow fans i can't condone.

That's the problem these days, you can't even make a harmless joke about someone anymore in case you offend them. To me that sounds almost affectionate, all the bloke had to do was wave and join in. If it was who ate all the pies sung at a fat bloke then I could understand, but to be compared to our lord and savour should be a compliment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here