Apr 5, 2014
"Gary Gardner, you're always on loan"

Worked for Stephen Dobbie didn’t it ?

Err....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How anyone can slag one of our ex players off under the dreadful reign of Hyypia is beyond me. O'Grady was slated on here constantly before being shipped out by Hyypia. When he was called back under a new manager we saw a O'Grady flourish..

We will never know if this could have applied to Gardener or not as he left before Hughton was appointed. A new manager and the slate is wiped clean in my books apart from Kemy. For this reason i don't see the point of criticizing players under Hyypia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How anyone can slag one of our ex players off under the dreadful reign of Hyypia is beyond me. O'Grady was slated on here constantly before being shipped out by Hyypia. When he was called back under a new manager we saw a O'Grady flourish..

We will never know if this could have applied to Gardener or not as he left before Hughton was appointed. A new manager and the slate is wiped clean in my books apart from Kemy. For this reason i don't see the point of criticizing players under Hyypia.
From the other Gary Gardener thread.
I posted this a couple of Saturday's ago.
Other than the fact he kept selecting him, it would appear Mr Hyypia isn't responsible for Mr Gardener's skill set:-

Obviously he'll score a hatrick of thunder*******s against us, in a couple of weeks.
But in the meantime it's hard not to laugh at 3 of 4 GG mentions in the BBC's text commentary:-

14:45 Attempt missed. Gary Gardner (Nottingham Forest) right footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the right following a corner.

31:36 Attempt missed. Gary Gardner (Nottingham Forest) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the left.

79:01 Attempt missed. Gary Gardner (Nottingham Forest) right footed shot from long range on the right misses to the left.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
From the other Gary Gardener thread.
I posted this a couple of Saturday's ago.
Other than the fact he kept selecting him, it would appear Mr Hyypia isn't responsible for Mr Gardener's skill set:-

Hyypia and Pearce. Think that says it all

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd love to know just how many shots, on and off target Gardener took in his time here.

According to my tallies (care of espnsoccernet) he had 44 shots, 6 on target (league and cup). I'm pretty sure all six of those on target shots were from inside the 18yd box.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was the odd game where I thought he was OK. But by the end, he was doing my head in.

I do, however, think the appropriate response to somebody like him is crushing indifference. He's simply not worthy of any greater emotion for my money. He was utterly, utterly MEH.

I can't help feeling he's the sort of gibbon who would perversely imagine that us booing him is some sort of compliment to his amazing Premier League skills, resulting in the almost inevitable 30 yard screamer flying past Stockdale and into the Albion net.

Please, let's just ignore the waster. I can't think of a better tribute to his efforts at the Albion than to replicate them in our response. And do absolutely nothing.*

*unless he gets ignominiously subbed, Dan Harding style, in which case: fill your boots :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to my tallies (care of espnsoccernet) he had 44 shots, 6 on target (league and cup). I'm pretty sure all six of those on target shots were from inside the 18yd box.
SAYS

IT

ALL :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I read somewhere that people said Gary Gardner was trying….:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
I was once told he was 'highly regarded at Villa'.

But not highly regarded enough to play for a shitehouse team without even taking up a squad place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here