Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change the rules

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A player who receives treatment on the pitch after a foul should not have to go off the field before play resumes. His team is penalised as a result of a foul committed by the other team. Just plain wrong!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm more of a Champions only Champions League man.

For me, mike the Ref up and we can buy a headset at the start of the season to listen in on decisions. Like they do in Rugby. This would have to coincide with proper sanctions for dissent.

ps - I'm commenting on Seagulls Songs post before you send me the Palace Shirt.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Create an additional line halfway between the penalty area and halfway line (as per a subutteo pitch).

Only beyond this line can an attacker be offside; it will open up the game and stop play being condensed in the middle of the pitch.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
A player who receives treatment on the pitch after a foul should not have to go off the field before play resumes. His team is penalised as a result of a foul committed by the other team. Just plain wrong!

or make the offender go off too.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Video replays - Mansfield would still be in the FA cup

Tag team style substitutions - like ice hockey

Sin bin

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You can shoot Welsh players with a bow and arrow but only in the back and only in an FA Cup replay extra time period.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Just ONE sub...... that way,
1) if Massive BigClub PLc FC are struggling due to the team selected, they cannot just bring on THREE major players and change it all. Its how it used to be..... (in fact originallly, up to 1967, NO subs, but I wouldnt go that far)
2) Massive BigClub PLc FC would not find it so easy to stock pile all the best players, as they'd be less likely to be involved from the bench, and therefore, would have to sell them, thus spreading the talent around more.....

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Quite like the previous one,and there have been many good suggestions.

Mine is to make chants like "Keep it on the island" and "Where's yer guide dog ref" compulsory; and GOSBTS sung at the right speed.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The team that scores gets to kick off again . Would at least mean players that get the ball from the net and sprint back worthwhile. As it is other than looking urgent it speeds nothing up

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
That stupid rule that says that if the referee has given a card there can't be retrospective action should be gone. It's utterly ridiculous.

Agree with @fire&skill that referee's should be mic'd up a la rugby- maybe it would promote a bit more respect for refs from fans and players.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
The team that scores gets to kick off again . Would at least mean players that get the ball from the net and sprint back worthwhile. As it is other than looking urgent it speeds nothing up

I quite like this but I think the team that conceded should still kick off but as soon as the ball is back on the spot, none of this wait for the other team to stop celebrating.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You are only allowed to support the nearest League team to your place of birth (your grandad catching syphilis off a Salford whore does NOT make your family "traditionally Man United")
Play doesn't stop for substitutions, one player leaves pitch, then the other comes on.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You are only allowed to support the nearest League team to your place of birth (your grandad catching syphilis off a Salford whore does NOT make your family "traditionally Man United")

My sons have to support Crystal Palace? No.

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
As others have said, a stadium clock, not controlled by the referee.

Need 80min 'game clock'. End time wasting.

The trouble with this one is that it's not going to work for all football, everywhere. In a Sunday league does there have to be someone who individually controls the clock or does the referee spend the entire time stopping and starting his watch?

Sure it would work in a big stadium but do you have different rules for professional football to everything else?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Play doesn't stop for substitutions, one player leaves pitch, then the other comes on.

I love this rule. Thank God I'm still Brighton.

How about the time stops like rugby each time the ball is not in play? Stop a lot of time-wasting.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
If it hits your hand then it is handball. The current rule doesn't quite work.

Agree with the person who doesn't like the defender shielding it out- I don't see why it isn't obstruction half the time anyway.

I might also like to see a 'must have a minimum of 3 English players on the pitch' rule.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not really a rule but I detest the modern "sporting image" of having to kick the ball out of play when a player is injured and then having to kick the ball back again. The good old dropped ball is a much missed thing.

A lot of the time this is legalised cheating.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The trouble with this one is that it's not going to work for all football, everywhere. In a Sunday league does there have to be someone who individually controls the clock or does the referee spend the entire time stopping and starting his watch?

Sure it would work in a big stadium but do you have different rules for professional football to everything else?

So how do they cope in club rugby then.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If it hits your hand then it is handball. The current rule doesn't quite work.

Agree with the person who doesn't like the defender shielding it out- I don't see why it isn't obstruction half the time anyway.

I might also like to see a 'must have a minimum of 3 English players on the pitch' rule.

No, because players would be constantly flicking the ball onto players' arms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here