Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Teams Craziest Kits Video!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hmmm... Real photos, please! Much more evocative...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Tbh, most of the kits either don't have pictures or if they do, it is in black and white.

Most radical kit designs have come after the 1960s so I'm sure there's colour photos of most of them. Good choice on the Coventry 'T' shirt, by the way. Amazing design...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I know somewhere you could get plenty of photos of outrageous kits :whistle:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Most radical kit designs have come after the 1960s so I'm sure there's colour photos of most of them. Good choice on the Coventry 'T' shirt, by the way. Amazing design...

It was a design to advertise Talbot Cars , a big employer in Coventry at the time ( hence the central 'T' design in the days before shirt sposnorship was allowed. A more radical Coventry kit would have been the all brown away kit around 1981

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

It was a clever sponsorship deal with Talbot Cars (the T was its logo) in the days before shirt sponsorship was allowed. A better choice for a Coventry horror shirt would be the all brown kit they wore in the late 70s/early 80s. Yes they did wear it. Yes I did see it at the Goldstone in 1980 (a 1-1 draw I think)

coventry_away_ian_w_859814a.jpg

BHAFANS

Jul 27, 2011
Middleton
It was a clever sponsorship deal with Talbot Cars (the T was its logo) in the days before shirt sponsorship was allowed. A better choice for a Coventry horror shirt would be the all brown kit they wore in the late 70s/early 80s. Yes they did wear it. Yes I did see it at the Goldstone in 1980 (a 1-1 draw I think)

coventry_away_ian_w_859814a.jpg

Away kits weren't included in video

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:love:

Amazing that Coventry had a player called Rudi Kaiser and somehow apt that he would wear attire such as this.

Attachments

• coventry.jpg
    coventry.jpg
    959.6 KB · Views: 20

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here