Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship signing so far?

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
No, gates of 5/6k was true in the last few seasons. You only got gates of circa 7k last season.

5/6k was what we got 11/12 and before.

Got that early in 12/13 but once we picked up form, it was 7k+ all season.

13/14 we averaged more than that and regularly got 9k ish towards the end of the season

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
Whilst most of what you say may be true, the bit about a more 'lenient' FFP if you have home grown players is total rubbish as far as FFP for the Championship is concerned.

I thought though that the more homegrown players in your squad, the more funding from the FL you get, ergo more income...

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Re Tal Ben Haim to Charlton:

What a poor poor signing on probably heavy wages

TBH the TBH signing not well received, but this one an hour later was:

http://www.london24.com/sport/footb...e_of_his_best_moments_in_this_video_1_3681084

Considering we didn't have a pot to piss in last summer, signing two current European internationals today, having signed a striker for £2.4 million last week, is effing awesome. Looking forward to maybe challenging for top six rather than bottom six this season...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Apparently we are only allowed to make signings after every other ****ing team has got their squad sorted. New FFP rule.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Apparently we are only allowed to make signings after every other ****ing team has got their squad sorted. New FFP rule.

I think if Hyppia had a list it has now been tossed aside as being to expensive or players not available rather like Oscars list was so its back to the two B's who are now on page 4 of possible targets which will leave a fair few underwhelmed. The way forward for us is the youth/development route which hopefully in time will be as good as S'oton and palace

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think if Hyppia had a list it has now been tossed aside as being to expensive or players not available rather like Oscars list was so its back to the two B's who are now on page 4 of possible targets which will leave a fair few underwhelmed. The way forward for us is the youth/development route which hopefully in time will be as good as S'oton and palace

I genuinely hope we do go down that route, but we simply aren't ready yet. We need to start getting players in now.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
We've signed a Brazilian winger from Bristol Rovers and a Kosovo international from Seville (who was born in Romford). I have no idea if they are any good, but it's more fun than signing a holding midfielder from West Brom right?

Oh and Cyrus Christie from Cov.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We've signed a Brazilian winger from Bristol Rovers and a Kosovo international from Seville (who was born in Romford). I have no idea if they are any good, but it's more fun than signing a holding midfielder from West Brom right?

Oh and Cyrus Christie from Cov.

Exciting! At least you have 3 in and a decent squad anyway. We have one in and are currently 6 or 7 down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
10 pages and not a sniff of an Albion signing since Toko, which was set up during last season.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Exciting! At least you have 3 in and a decent squad anyway. We have one in and are currently 6 or 7 down.

Yep, really would like to get Thorne in, then I'm happy.... I'd be concerned as a Brighton fan when the likes of Chicksen & Forster Caskey get mentioned as good enough for a challenging Championship team, think you need reinforcements quite quickly...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, really would like to get Thorne in, then I'm happy.... I'd be concerned as a Brighton fan when the likes of Chicksen & Forster Caskey get mentioned as good enough for a challenging Championship team, think you need reinforcements quite quickly...

Agreed. But please be careful or the NSC Nazis will get you!

BrentfordFanInPeace

Jun 8, 2014
Rotherham have been panic buying.

Our bids for Pringle were in vain so we got Alex Pritchard on a season long loan.

Chelsea want Bamford to go on loan to a Premiership side so he's not coming either. Scott Hogan of Rochdale supposedly joinging.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Aaron Hughes and Chris O'Grady look quite good signings to me. Toko looks useful as well.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Aaron Hughes and Chris O'Grady look quite good signings to me. Toko looks useful as well.

Yes, 'only' 5 more in and we'll be all set for a challenge at the right end of the table again.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Why should we be concerned? Not seen enough of Chicksen to say whether he is up to playing week in week out at the top end of the championship but JFC showed more than enough and was a regular in a team that finished 6th and now has more experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here