Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship signing so far?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'd be worried about Southampton if I were you. They are going to have a significant warchest when Shaw and Lallana finally leave. They'll be looking for future Premiership stars from the Championship and I believe you have few!

I take your point, but I don't think he would go to Southampton - If you've you got the top top clubs sniffing around, why (with all due respect) would he choose Southampton.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 3 mins
Watford have re-signed Matej Vydra on a season-long loan from Udinese.

I wonder whether we were in the running? If not, we bloody well should have been. Vydra is a fantastic Championship player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder whether we were in the running? If not, we bloody well should have been. Vydra is a fantastic Championship player.

Not a chance, Watford are owned by the same guys who own Udinese, pay attention :lolol:

The best we can hope for is that we end up signing some defenders with pace. Vydra's goals against us a couple of seasons ago were amongst the most embarrassing of all the goals we conceded, Vydra just outpaced all our defenders, leaving them looking like they were running in treacle, before slotting the ball home.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not a chance, Watford are owned by the same guys who own Udinese, pay attention :lolol:

The best we can hope for is that we end up signing some defenders with pace. Vydra's goals against us a couple of seasons ago were amongst the most embarrassing of all the goals we conceded, Vydra just outpaced all our defenders, leaving them looking like they were running in treacle, before slotting the ball home.

Let's hope the club surprise us with 5-6 quality signings over the next few weeks. I am not holding my breath though. FFP will probably mean that we sign NOBODY at all unless we sell players beforehand. That said, it might make a pleasant change to be a bottom 6 rather than a top 6 side this season. I have renewed my season ticket but feel less optimistic about our prospects than I have done for many seasons. Maybe I'm just a miserable git :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's hope the club surprise us with 5-6 quality signings over the next few weeks. I am not holding my breath though. FFP will probably mean that we sign NOBODY at all unless we sell players beforehand. That said, it might make a pleasant change to be a bottom 6 rather than a top 6 side this season. I have renewed my season ticket but feel less optimistic about our prospects than I have done for many seasons. Maybe I'm just a miserable git :rolleyes:

We are both borderline bedwetters every pre-season, but anything better than relegation is my starting point this season, and that is the most negative I have felt in 4 seasons.:thumbsup:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We are both borderline bedwetters every pre-season, but anything better than relegation is my starting point this season, and that is the most negative I have felt in 4 seasons.:thumbsup:

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who's a tad pessimistic about the coming season. Now I must try to cheer up and look for my rose tinted glasses.:wave:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Mid table is looking like it might be an achievement the way things stand at the moment.

I should state that I'm confident enough in the current setup to attract some quality, and I'm not for a moment moaning about the fact we haven't done much business yet. But it's gonna be tough.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Looking at the list of transfers it seems like only us and the two crisis clubs in the division (Leeds and Blackpool) have released a high number of players and not made many signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here