Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship run in

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Swansea for me, as Mr K really could do with some good news at the moment.

They've been playing poorly for a few weeks now though, and when they were winning, it was all edgy 1-0s, so I can't help feeling they've missed the boat.

Doubtless it will be Norwich, to grace us all with some exciting, flair attacking football played by talented youngsters, or whatever it was that Humphrey was banging on about two years ago.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We are told that Tony Bloom really really dislikes Brentford's owner. That's good enough for me to wish them nothing but angst.

Like many here, I am very hopeful that we won't be too worried about the relegation scrap next season. But, on the off chance that happens then who in the current top 6 is most likely to be weak if they go up ? Possibly Norwich, Barnsley, and Reading.
Absolutely don’t get the love in, we hardly ever get a decent result there, their fans are homophobic as f.ck. Hope they bottle it like every year.

Bit pointless Norwich going up they will spend a tenner on players and go straight back down. Delia likes the pound note to much.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Norwich l'm ambivalent about, and certainly earned the right for a return to the Premier League having led the division virtually since day one.

Despite Brentford being my nearest league club when l was growing up in Staines, l have never been a fan of theres for some strange reason.

Reading a decent day out? the Majtad is nowhere near the centre of town, and miles from anywhere! The epitome of a beige football club.

All true. Flip side of that is its easy to get to and we normally get a decent amount of tickets...

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Guess there probably isn't now as I doubt whatever it becomes will support 4 locals. Google seems a bit vague on what is happening to it other than it being owned by Ecoworld.

The Princess Royal is already closed up and on the market by Fullers. The Brook had a major revamp just before the first lockdown so should reopen, but who knows, I think it's the most vulnerable. The New Inn is an Irish pub, so can't see that closing and the Griffin is the most popular, so be surprised if that one goes.

As to the site itself, we've just had a leaflet through the door and it's not far off what's happened to the old Highbury ground. Lots of flats out of character with the surrounding Edwardian terraces and a big communal space where the pitch was.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Surely Norwich have got to make a better fist of promotion to the Premier League this time. Delia and co will need to open the purse-strings if they are not to become the archetypal yo-yo club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here