Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship play-offs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always liked Cooper, and think he will be Potter's replacement one day.

Think Bloom and Co. will be scouting him like they did with Potter. What was it? 5 years they scouted him for, or have I just made that up?

Yes, after I'd made various nasty comments about him looking* like he should be on the sex offenders' register :)facepalm:) in the past, all I can say now is : what a guy. The captain was interviewed after the game and I genuinely had to wipe away a tear. Cooper is apparently the nicest bloke....phones the captain up on his day off just to see how he is...."the success is down to him caring about the players and everyone at the club, giving the players belief and the feeling of being happy to be at the club." Unlike previous managers who were....different (Houghton not mentioned but I raised an eyebrow). Brilliant interview. And a great captain by the sound of it.

*When you factor in that he is Welsh he doesn't even look so bad. Handsome even :love:

(Still looking forward to a 6 lovely points off them next season, though, obviously :lolol:)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
They have to organise to survive. They should get Chris back.

Yes, they could do worse than CH. He would at least consolidate them at their new level.
A pressing problem is how they are going to deal with four loan players potentially moving on. Buy them if that option is in the loan contracts? Replace them with similar quality? And that would be just to stand still.
There is no time to celebrate. Aug 6 is only nine weeks away.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
a certain symmetry re Forest replacing Burnley

Dyche is ex Forest as is his backroom team such as Ian Woan

Two days after getting sacked Dyche was down Rock City in Nottingham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, after I'd made various nasty comments about him looking* like he should be on the sex offenders' register :)facepalm:) in the past, all I can say now is : what a guy. The captain was interviewed after the game and I genuinely had to wipe away a tear. Cooper is apparently the nicest bloke....phones the captain up on his day off just to see how he is...."the success is down to him caring about the players and everyone at the club, giving the players belief and the feeling of being happy to be at the club." Unlike previous managers who were....different (Houghton not mentioned but I raised an eyebrow). Brilliant interview. And a great captain by the sound of it.

*When you factor in that he is Welsh he doesn't even look so bad. Handsome even :love:

(Still looking forward to a 6 lovely points off them next season, though, obviously :lolol:)

Oddly enough, when we were having one of our terrible runs (the one that ended in the second half of Wolves at home in BCD games) and the Potter-out-ometer was at about 55-45 to in, many people were posting "well, if not Potter then who?". I advocated for Cooper then and I do now, should Potter be prised away from us. But back then I was told he was ugly, played terrible football and had really only done well with Swansea because Potter had improved the squad for him.

Now done better than Potter at Swansea and got a Forest team up that looked relegation certainties in the same season (so same squad) under a certain Chris Hughton.

Potter won't be going anywhere with any luck. I think he likes it here and Tony will never get rid of him unless something absolutely seismic happens. Junior is probably the only outer left of the whole 45%. Which is just as well, as Cooper will be heading for a top, top job after Forest if he keeps them up next season and back to the Championship if he has a stinker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oddly enough, when we were having one of our terrible runs (the one that ended in the second half of Wolves at home in BCD games) and the Potter-out-ometer was at about 55-45 to in, many people were posting "well, if not Potter then who?". I advocated for Cooper then and I do now, should Potter be prised away from us. But back then I was told he was ugly, played terrible football and had really only done well with Swansea because Potter had improved the squad for him.

Now done better than Potter at Swansea and got a Forest team up that looked relegation certainties in the same season (so same squad) under a certain Chris Hughton.

Potter won't be going anywhere with any luck. I think he likes it here and Tony will never get rid of him unless something absolutely seismic happens. Junior is probably the only outer left of the whole 45%. Which is just as well, as Cooper will be heading for a top, top job after Forest if he keeps them up next season and back to the Championship if he has a stinker.

Yes it is a funny old world.

One of the nice things about football (in the context of saloon bar chat) is that one can hold strong opinions and it doesn't really matter. Personally I don't mind being proven wrong, especially when the outcome is better than my prediction. That said, I will always maintain that I know little to nothing about football.

:thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yes it is a funny old world.

One of the nice things about football (in the context of saloon bar chat) is that one can hold strong opinions and it doesn't really matter. Personally I don't mind being proven wrong, especially when the outcome is better than my prediction. That said, I will always maintain that I know little to nothing about football.

:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong about being proven wrong. I was about Potter. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy this season. I loved a lot of it and loathed the bad runs at home, but watching us in person you can see what he's done massively compared to watching on the telly.

The success of Brighton and Hove Albion will always come before being right on the internet. And, should the worst happen with Potter, I believe Cooper's the sort of guy who could carry it on.

Anyway, the result today totally justifies me getting the boy's points up this season. Forest is probably top of my list of aways, higher than Brentford, Fulham or Palace.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They have a lot of work to do, the team is mainly built around Premier League rejects/relegatees (Grabban, Colback, Lowe, Cook etc.) and loan players. They're going to have to sign a shit load of players (which they also will) and it will be a bit of gamble if the new guys are good enough, kind of in a Watford fashion where sometimes they just went down immediately while sometimes they surprised everyone.

Currently I think they probably got promoted a year too early. Too much to do in just one summer - they only have a dozen or so pretty good players. As for Cooper I predict him to be sacked before November. Marinakis is quick to pull the trigger if things don't go well. 12 years in Olympiakos, 11 managers (not including caretakers), 5 years in Nottingham and 6 managers.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

I noticed that comment too. The way Worrell compared Forest to a mistreated dog going to a kind owner and having a remarkable personality change struck me as a slight at CH, but I could be over-analysing as I cannot imagine CH being anything other than nice and professional.

Really, really thrilled for Forest that they're in the PL. I doubt I'll get tickets for the away game there but pleased for the Albion fans that do as it is a great city and has TRAMS, my favourite method of transport.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Was surprised 2nd one did't go to VAR First one spot on VAR could see nothing that ref couldnt and rightly backed him. Nobody could say with certainty he didn't dive and ref made a decision. With very few exceptions wish all penalty decisions were left to ref.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Second one yes. First one was odd, seemed like he moved his leg away from the contact in his desire to throw himself to the ground theatrically, and so got what he deserved imho.

Agree better to have Forest up though. Huddersfield couldn’t even sell out 40 odd percent of Wembley

Not for me.
The Huddersfield lad was running full pelt, Colback clearly clipped his right foot. Absolutely nailed on pen I think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Watched the game and was surprised at how poor they looked compared to us right now. Glad Forest won though

They do, but let's not forget that we'll be selling Cucurella to City for £2.50 and Bissouma is practically at Villa as I type so the gap's closing......

:moo:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Now for us to go on their board and post "Congrats Notts Forest!" I hear they like that.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Not for me.
The Huddersfield lad was running full pelt, Colback clearly clipped his right foot. Absolutely nailed on pen I think.

Yep, his right leg hit his left leg after being fouled, no chance he was staying on his feet.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was surprised 2nd one did't go to VAR First one spot on VAR could see nothing that ref couldnt and rightly backed him. Nobody could say with certainty he didn't dive and ref made a decision. With very few exceptions wish all penalty decisions were left to ref.

First one there was minimal contact, not enough to bring him down, and the Huddersfield player was about to put his right foot on the ground but then decided to throw himself to the ground.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Had he just taken the contact
PenaltyAll day long
Anticipated the challenge to avoid contact
Theatrical fall over
No penalty given

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here