Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship FFP

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
259kciv.jpg

I hadn't realised FFP was so strict on Championship sides.

If we can keep our high attendances up as well as create new money spinners we should be well placed when the FFP sanctions hit in 14/15. It should help even the inequalities out and help stop teams buying the league, that is if you think FFP will work.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Care to explain this a little?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It requires clubs to stay within pre-defined limits on losses (falling from £4 million in 2011/12 to £2 million in 2015/16) and shareholder equity investment (falling from £8 million in 2011/12 to £3 million in 2015/16).

If you exceed these losses and get promoted you'll have a transfer imbargo, if you exceed these losses and fail to get promoted you'll get a taxable fine depending on how far you exceed the (up to 4 million).

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you exceed these losses and get promoted you'll have a transfer imbargo, if you exceed these losses and fail to get promoted you'll get a taxable fine depending on how far you exceed the (up to 4 million).

It appears to be the other way round above.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It also shows how important the recruitment of Paul Barber is, as we need to maximise our revenue streams to avoid falling foul of these rules....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't know why they are bothering with this at all, given the massive financial unfair play of parachute payments.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don't know why they are bothering with this at all, given the massive financial unfair play of parachute payments.

I don't see any plans to re-visit those either, unless they want to increase them!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

That's true, not sure how it works with parachute payments which could make a mockery of the whole thing.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I really dont know why people get so hung up about Parachute Payments. By and large with the ridiculous increase in wages to be competitive in the Prem the parachute payments just about stop relegated clubs from going bust after losing all the TV money. I read Reading have offered a player £60k pw. If they go down that will be a massive chunk of that payment alone.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I really dont know why people get so hung up about Parachute Payments. By and large with the ridiculous increase in wages to be competitive in the Prem the parachute payments just about stop relegated clubs from going bust after losing all the TV money. I read Reading have offered a player £60k pw. If they go down that will be a massive chunk of that payment alone.

If that's how they were used I'd agree - but look at Blackburn, they're using it to buy even more highly paid players to add to the ones that came down with them. so, for them, most of it is probably going on transfer & signing fees.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I don't see any plans to re-visit those either, unless they want to increase them!

I would expect that they will increase because the TV money is going up by quite a substantial amount for Premier League teams, following the new Sky deal

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surely clubs should, by now, have in every players contract that their wages change, up & down, dependent on what league they play in and / or their continued employment depends on retaining / achieving league status also? Relegation and promotion isn't a new idea, is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here