Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Champions of Europe, we know what we are!"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
West Ham are clearly still on a high after winning the Europa Conference League last season, with their repeated songs about being Champions of Europe etc.

But does winning the third tier European competition really make you Champions of Europe? Or is it like the winners of League One claiming to be Champions of England?

IF we were to win the Europa League, would you consider us to be the champions of Europe?

Or perhaps I'm still feeling bitter after yesterday...
If Bobkin Jnr's team won a Sussex cup competition, they would be champions of Sussex.

So yes, West Ham are champions of Europe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Bobkin Jnr's team won a Sussex cup competition, they would be champions of Sussex.

So yes, West Ham are champions of Europe.
The Champions of Sussex have to win the Sussex Senior cup, not a Sussex Cup competition.
The Champions of Europe have to win the Champions Cup.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I just liked when the cat kicker got “that’s how your cat feels, that’s how your cat feels, that’s..” 😂

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I just liked when the cat kicker got “that’s how your cat feels, that’s how your cat feels, that’s..” 😂
I think Palace started that one when he went off injured last year.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Champions of Sussex have to win the Sussex Senior cup, not a Sussex Cup competition.
It’s all down to money so really, who gives a ****? :) Well done West Ham, they are champions of the European competition they entered into. Now, can we all agree on that perhaps? (Absolutely no chance, you’re right!)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Says who? If you're in a Sussex-based competition - and you win it - you're champions.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Of course it is, but it's a bloody trophy I've waited over 50 years for :wink:

The number of times I've walked off a pitch in Brighton and Hove over the years, wishing the winners well in the next round, only to mumble not too quietly 'f***ing Mickey Mouse cup' as I trudged off :lolol:
🙂When we win a Carabao cup game I always refer to it as the League Cup. When we lose it goes back to being the Rumbelows cup.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
West Ham are clearly still on a high after winning the Europa Conference League last season, with their repeated songs about being Champions of Europe etc.

But does winning the third tier European competition really make you Champions of Europe? Or is it like the winners of League One claiming to be Champions of England?

IF we were to win the Europa League, would you consider us to be the champions of Europe?

Or perhaps I'm still feeling bitter after yesterday...
You seem to have fallen for it! It's obviously a chant designed to irritate people and get them to react exactly as you have done!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I assumed it was tongue in cheek - a bit like the ‘West Ham are massive everywhere we go’ - I really really hope both are tongue in cheek but part of me worries they’re not 🤣
That massive everywhere they go one generally isn’t tongue in cheek. They genuinely believe it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here