Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions League to Sky

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Looks as if without a dish you're going to be f***ed

Satellite broadcaster BSkyB has won the right to show most Champions League football matches between 2009 to 2012.

Tournament organiser Uefa said the firm had won exclusive rights to show coverage of live matches and highlights on a Tuesday.

BSkyB has also gained rights to show all games on a Wednesday, with the exception of the first-choice fixture.

Shares in BSkyB climbed 2.7% after the news.

A BBC spokesman pointed out that although the corporation had lost out with a joint bid with Setanta Sports for Champions League coverage, negotiations for exclusive rights for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy were at an "advanced stage".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
shit, still won't get SKY again though. Shame as I enjoy CL matches live.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fantastic news, Skys Champions League coverage is excellent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A BBC spokesman pointed out that although the corporation had lost out with a joint bid with Setanta Sports for Champions League coverage, negotiations for exclusive rights for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy were at an "advanced stage".
Smashing news. :D :jester:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So, one more reason not to watch it - the UEFA cup is REAL European football these days, just as the non-Premiership is now REAL domestic football.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I was under the impression that one of the terrestrial stations would still get some sort of package. It won`t be exclusive to Sky.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont care because I SUPPORT Brighton.

If I want chumps league I will go round parents or to the pub or some armchair fans I am acquainted with.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was under the impression that one of the terrestrial stations would still get some sort of package. It won`t be exclusive to Sky.

I guess that's what "BSkyB has also gained rights to show all games on a Wednesday, with the exception of the first-choice fixture" bit means

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hope it's not ITV who gets the other one, we don't want to watch Man United or Liverpool every-f***ing-time

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hope it's not ITV who gets the other one, we don't want to watch Man United or Liverpool every-f***ing-time

If a terrestrial station gets the rights they'll almost always pick Man U and Liverpool because more people wil watch

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
If a terrestrial station gets the rights they'll almost always pick Man U and Liverpool because more people wil watch

But the fact that when they're playing in relatively easy games, or ones which they should be winning anyway, and yet they're always on.

When was the last time the Arsenal were on ITV1 ???

Think it was the final, 2 years ago

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Good news. The less national exposure for the top four teams the better.

Perhaps kids will want to see their local clubs - you know, real live football.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Another kick in the teeth. What is the point in paying the BBC for a license? I know they dont show champions league, but it's about time they stopped overpaying these presenters and bid for some of this stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here