[Football] Champions' league final issues

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Although I haven’t read the entire thread it seems quite a lot give the impression they wouldn’t fart in the bath. While many historical events are being mentioned, as a club we (along with many other clubs) are not innocent. If you take the Doncaster match, 100 or so (I could wrong on numbers) partly succeeded in getting the North Stand gates open, if the police hadn’t given them a batoning they (and God knows how many just hanging around) would have instantly sprinted into an already packed North Stand. Luckily it was averted.
Personally. If Brighton were in a final, especially one of this magnitude, and I couldn’t get a ticket, I would take any opportunity to blag it in although I’m in my fifties so not sure how fast I could leg it. (Apologies if my honesty disgusts you)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watching the French government's version of events on SSN. Putinesque levels of delusion - sounds as if the script was written before the event, in the belief that it was a given that they could get away with blaming Liverpool supporters. Tear gassing the Sky News reporter doesn't improve the credibility of their assertions either!

Apparantly almost all of the nice polite Spanish supporters were in their seats in time for the kick off. Maybe that had something to do with having three times as many entrances open? Just a thought .....................

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think that’s my point as to why they exist - they would pass the visual check at the first perimeter, but then not work at the turnstile.

Likewise with the app, in theory it’s a good idea because it uses Bluetooth to only send you your ticket when you are at the first checkpoint and then the turnstile - if followed properly great idea, but with queues I’d bet they’d accept a screenshot at a quick glance

And yet the French Interior Minister did not hold her hands up to the failure of the first security perimeter. Instead she revived an anti hooligan agency.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Blimey. Have you ever thought it might be you? ??? :catfight:

do the crime do the time , it was different back then and as a 14 yr old i really didn't give a feck , the fist fight in Paris i witnessed was when i was mid 20's , a completely ridiculous situation ....as an aside , when you get cornered by a load of oiks you cant always use your superior whit to get out of it , sometimes it's on and you just have to deal with it .....you div.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Although I haven’t read the entire thread it seems quite a lot give the impression they wouldn’t fart in the bath. While many historical events are being mentioned, as a club we (along with many other clubs) are not innocent. If you take the Doncaster match, 100 or so (I could wrong on numbers) partly succeeded in getting the North Stand gates open, if the police hadn’t given them a batoning they (and God knows how many just hanging around) would have instantly sprinted into an already packed North Stand. Luckily it was averted.
Personally. If Brighton were in a final, especially one of this magnitude, and I couldn’t get a ticket, I would take any opportunity to blag it in although I’m in my fifties so not sure how fast I could leg it. (Apologies if my honesty disgusts you)

If Albion got to a final of this magnitude I wouldn't buy a ticket from any unofficial source because fraud is so widespread and high tech now that I just wouldn't believe any touted ticket was genuine. Plus this isn't Glastonbury in the 90s.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

What bothers me is how folk instantly default to a convenient indoctrination when incidents like this happen.

It's the old referee question. If it's your team he was bad, the other he was correct.

I don't know what happened on Saturday, except that a lot of Liverpool fans with tickets ended up in a distressed situation.

I'm not going to point any fingers because I wasn't there. And I'm sorry for those affected. They were football fans traveling, at great expense, to see their team play.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If Albion got to a final of this magnitude I wouldn't buy a ticket from any unofficial source because fraud is so widespread and high tech now that I just wouldn't believe any touted ticket was genuine. Plus this isn't Glastonbury in the 90s.

but people with genuine tickets missed out because their section was already full.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another plucky Liverpool fan incriminating himself with fake accreditation

[tweet]1530989880632922113[/tweet]

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Lots of screenshot posts for the "blag tickets" at £100 a go and the scousers complaining about the price of these fakes, complete with tenuous links blaming the Torries, have been taken down.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
And yes there were Scousers openly selling fake tickets on social media for £50+ on the last week or so

Correct, blag tickets were being advertised across social media last week showing handfuls of fake tickets in pictures. This will have a been a drop in the ocean compared to trades in person.

There still seems to be naivety and bare faced denial from some in this thread :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
when you get cornered by a load of oiks you cant always use your superior whit to get out of it , sometimes it's on and you just have to deal with it .....you div.

Yes. I can fully see how this might be a problem.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The French authorities have basically said the event was not setup to cope with the additional volume of fans at the ground which was increased by the number of fake tickets and ticketless individuals (I have avoided the use of fans as a lot of the fence climbers are clearly not fans).

Very similar to the situation at the Euro final where there were so many ticketless fans gathered in the city and around Wembley which adds to pressure at the ground (minus the completely OTT methods used by the French police).

If events organisers are going to setup all of these fan parks which only serve to attract more ticketless fans to the event they are creating a place for ticket fraudsters to operate with a captive audience and chancers who will try and sneak into the event.

Feels like a rethink is required across the board for these major events as too many in recent memory and only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can’t find anything to corroborate, but was there also issues at the Spanish end of the ground? Did they have a load of fake tickets?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
i'm happy to accept trouble at Champions league / european cup finals always only happens when Liverpool are there, is a total coincidence

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Big fan of some of the replies

“Take it down as they are accusing us of stuff”

What they mean is take down the evidence so they can claim they are faultless.

As someone else pointed out, seems pretty full as well.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I don't know the answer but Clubs have got to encourage fans NOT to travel without a valid ticket. Liverpool had 20k tickets issued to them and took about 50k fans - that's not acceptable and will lead to the trouble we saw .

Plus isn't there meant to be cost of living crisis ? Obviously not for some !

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What bothers me is how folk instantly default to a convenient indoctrination when incidents like this happen.

It's the old referee question. If it's your team he was bad, the other he was correct.

I don't know what happened on Saturday, except that a lot of Liverpool fans with tickets ended up in a distressed situation.

I'm not going to point any fingers because I wasn't there. And I'm sorry for those affected. They were football fans traveling, at great expense, to see their team play.

It’s just a few posters taking the opportunity to air their anti Liverpool bias. No-one is fooled by the French version of events but it is convenient for some to fall in with it. There are still many who cling on to the police version of events at Hillsborough despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports