[Football] Champions' league final issues

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Were you forced to watch The Liver Birds or Bread as a kid to ingrain this dislike of all things Liverpool?

I don’t dislike them. In fact I posted on here after we played them at home that they were one of the better big club fans.

Try again.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Whether fans travelled without tickets or not, whatever the number of LFC fans that tried to 'jib' in, no matter how many bought fake tickets, locals or Spaniards involved or not, etc etc etc.....whether it was Paris this year or Athens last time,.it comes down to three simple words.....

Liverpool fans........again.

could it be that Liverpool were in Europe when Citeh and Chelsea were shyte , just about every year they have been abroad for one cup or other , yes they have a scally element , most clubs do , i have been on the receiving end from Chelsea , West Ham , Everton , Man u , Boro to name a few , one of the nastiest instances was when a mate got a brick in the face at a West Brom game back in the 80's , wholesale violence disappeared for a while , looks like its on the rise now and the reasons for that are obvious , over zealous security and crowd control are justified as the new normal ....the French have never been particularly welcoming , i have seen fist fights break out on the banks of the Seine between 2 men bartering over the price of a tea towel ffs , they don't like us , simple , and they are never going to admit that they have done the wrong thing by Liverpool fans....ever.!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why is it, whenever someone starts a sentence with "with all due respect" they then fail to show any?

I've also amended your later statement, for possible accuracy!

*screenshots of alleged Facebook posts don't count as evidence!

Perhaps Liverpool fan and Radio X presenter Toby Tarrant who was there is lying about his own fellow fans

[tweet]1530628589900775431[/tweet]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
i have been on the receiving end from Chelsea , West Ham , Everton , Man u , Boro to name a few , one of the nastiest instances was when a mate got a brick in the face at a West Brom game back in the 80's… i have seen fist fights break out on the banks of the Seine between 2 men bartering over the price of a tea towel

Blimey. Have you ever thought it might be you? ??? :catfight:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Perhaps Liverpool fan and Radio X presenter Toby Tarrant who was there is lying about his own fellow fans

[tweet]1530628589900775431[/tweet]

So 2000 locals and ‘nowhere near as many Liverpool fans.’ That’s the first numbers I’ve seen put on it and it clearly shows the opposite of what you are saying. I agree with you on your points about inadequate security but have no idea why you are buying in to the smokescreen of Saturday being the fault of Liverpool fans. ‘Nowhere near as many’ could not have caused a 30 minute kick off delay or justified use of tear gas and closure of turnstiles.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Er! How does that relate to anything you said in your previous post? Where is Toby Tarrant's mention of "Scousers" knowingly flogging fake tickets for £50?

Oh right, sorry thought you wanted either scenario clarifying. But it was happening on Twitter whether it was some elaborate ‘bantz’ or real who knows I guess

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So 2000 locals and ‘nowhere near as many Liverpool fans.’ That’s the first numbers I’ve seen put on it and it clearly shows the opposite of what you are saying. I agree with you on your points about inadequate security but have no idea why you are buying in to the smokescreen of Saturday being the fault of Liverpool fans. ‘Nowhere near as many’ could not have caused a 30 minute kick off delay or justified use of tear gas and closure of turnstiles.

Again - I never said it was the sole cause of the problems, but it was definitely an element of what caused the issues but I don’t see to many Liverpool fans acknowledging that it went on. Just think logically anyone without a ticket or with a fake one, causes a blockage at the gate / turnstile. Add in enough of these and the general congestion and it causes problems.

What’s not clear is why did they close all but 1 gate and at what point did that happen? Were all of them ever open ? Or did they close them when they had issues with fake / ticketless fans ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You clearly have the impression you "knew" as you posted it as a statement of fact - no mention of banter in your post!

I’ll make this clear. It was evident on Twitter last week that Liverpool fans were selling knowingly and openly selling fake tickets for £50-£100. This kind of thing creates a problem and how significant this was to the overall problems and handling is not known

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Again - I never said it was the sole cause of the problems, but it was definitely an element of what caused the issues but I don’t see to many Liverpool fans acknowledging that it went on. Just think logically anyone without a ticket or with a fake one, causes a blockage at the gate / turnstile. Add in enough of these and the general congestion and it causes problems.

What’s not clear is why did they close all but 1 gate and at what point did that happen? Were all of them ever open ? Or did they close them when they had issues with fake / ticketless fans ?

You have asked a very good question in your second paragraph and it needs answering before French politicians decide to pass the blame on to Liverpool fans like they have been this morning. Similarly you need to know numbers of fake tickets before you can say ‘it caused an element of the issues’. If that can be demonstrated then I am sure Liverpool fans will condemn it but at the moment there is no evidence so what exactly would they be acknowledging ? The numbers make a hell of a difference because if they were small then they did not cause the issues.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
big game security at wembley ws a joke for the euro final , no one is going to get involved when they are on 16 quid an hour. , i'm sure it was/is no better at the Stade de Frog.

Again a question. Why can't people have a grown up, sensible conversation, without infantile name calling?

[MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION]
Please apologise to the stadium at once :D

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The instances of witnessing disgusting and obnoxious behaviour are rather Liverpool fan heavy in my time, and we've barely played them over my 30 years.

I'm sure someone will interject and tell me they are are completely innocent though and I must have got my facts wrong.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’ll make this clear. It was evident on Twitter last week that Liverpool fans were selling knowingly and openly selling fake tickets for £50-£100. This kind of thing creates a problem and how significant this was to the overall problems and handling is not known

Part of the problem was also, apparently, the scanners. Jonathan Wilson of the guardian podcast had a genuine ticket and he advised that it took several times before it was recognized by the scanners. If that was occurring at other turnstiles then the stewards may well have thought tickets were fake.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So the French Government blaming it all on fake tickets. They are saying 40 % of tickets were fake and ‘they looked like real tickets.’ Odd because every game I go to in the UK I simply scan a barcode to get in. Doesn’t matter what they look like.
The French Interior Minister also referencing some anti hooligan agency being revived. Basically dog whistling the media coverage of Hillsborough much like posters on here. Also blaming Liverpool fans for getting in the ground late when it was the French themselves that did not open the gates. Bit of a ****ing disgrace but unsurprising from these characters.

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
So the French Government blaming it all on fake tickets. They are saying 40 % of tickets were fake and ‘they looked like real tickets.’ Odd because every game I go to in the UK I simply scan a barcode to get in. Doesn’t matter what they look like.

Maybe it is easier to adjust a real ticket, add a fake barcode digitally and then pass it on digitally..... than fake a tangible paper ticket. Certainly seen this on gig tickets (some naive people advertising tickets on FB marketplace with a photo of the actual ticket with genuine barcode, then copied).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The French Interior Minister also referencing some anti hooligan agency being revived. Basically dog whistling media coverage of Hillsborough much like posters on here.

I think that’s my point as to why they exist - they would pass the visual check at the first perimeter, but then not work at the turnstile.

Likewise with the app, in theory it’s a good idea because it uses Bluetooth to only send you your ticket when you are at the first checkpoint and then the turnstile - if followed properly great idea, but with queues I’d bet they’d accept a screenshot at a quick glance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports