[Football] Champions' league final issues

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I've no idea, I wasn't there. Basing a viewpoint on what might have happened, never the strongest foundations.

It was covered extensively in the news at the time, and in subsequent documentaries

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
yes there has been a lot of that , the English have been their own worse enemies, has the violence between Roma and Frankfurt fans been extensively covered in the English media...?? 80 deported 20 police injured , one policeman stabbed?? , the trouble at the Heysel was brought about by the locals taunting the English fans about the sinking of English ships by exocet missiles which were Belgian made...not an excuse but that is what cause it , there was footage of a photographer running across the athletics track to get away from the crumbling wall only to be flattened by a copper with a baton. No flat footed bobbies on the continent mate , they don't dick about.

Nah the troubles at Heysel was "brought about" by English fans wanting to kill locals and Italian fans which eventually led them to getting crushed against a wall. Your narrative is the same as when [MENTION=42429]Nobby Cybergoat[/MENTION] called English colonialism a "faux pas". You really have to be a very sad level of nationalistic to be unable to see the flaws of your own nation and fellow countrymen. And yes, that goes for nationalists from other countries (defo including Sweden) as well - always embarrassing how they put the blame on foreigners or belittle serious incidents atrocities.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think it's pretty clear what I'm saying.

I'm saying I wasn't there so :shrug:.

I suppose WW2 and 9/11 might not have happened either then?

How about the Brentford game in December, did you go or do is there a fair chance - worthy of a mention - that it didn't happen?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
From Dover to Paris, a complete break down of organisation.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yep ... some big issues and not what I'd expect from a mod.

This is my last post. I've been thinking about it for a while - but have just sent a message to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] asking him to delete my account.

Why the 'look at me' post? Just don't visit the site, delete the links/bookmarks etc. If you don't want to post then don't.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
yes there has been a lot of that , the English have been their own worse enemies, has the violence between Roma and Frankfurt fans been extensively covered in the English media...?? 80 deported 20 police injured , one policeman stabbed?? , the trouble at the Heysel was brought about by the locals taunting the English fans about the sinking of English ships by exocet missiles which were Belgian made...not an excuse but that is what cause it , there was footage of a photographer running across the athletics track to get away from the crumbling wall only to be flattened by a copper with a baton. No flat footed bobbies on the continent mate , they don't dick about.

Weren't exocets built by the French?

Also, have you any evidence that that was the chants and were there chants by the Liverpool fans? It was football culture which had been allowed to deteriorate unchecked for far too long.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thousands travelled with fake tickets, stupid scousers. You can find the fake tickets online very easily. Chancers and organised touts will have made a fortune.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-fans-scammed-out-24062316

At least the ticketless fans didn't get ripped off.

man buys ticket from internet equivalent of bloke down the pub, shocked to find its fake.

the report i heard this morning is the turnstiles got clogged and queues backed up because hundreds or thousands of fake tickets not allowing entry. so the genuine ticket holders suffer too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If only UEFA had had previous experience of entry problems at major finals they could have planned stuff for it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Weren't exocets built by the French?

Also, have you any evidence that that was the chants and were there chants by the Liverpool fans? It was football culture which had been allowed to deteriorate unchecked for far too long.

regardless of who produced the ordinance i was told by people at the time that the chants were what they were , this has been corroborated a number of times since by different people who were there that evening.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
man buys ticket from internet equivalent of bloke down the pub, shocked to find its fake.

the report i heard this morning is the turnstiles got clogged and queues backed up because hundreds or thousands of fake tickets not allowing entry. so the genuine ticket holders suffer too.

Did the article mention the genuine ticket holders that were denied entry thus clogging up turnstiles ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61621930

Like many others you have believed a story because of confirmation bias. I am waiting for actual facts before coming to a view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports