Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions' league final issues

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
If you're a Liverpool fan trying to force your way in without a ticket into a crowded game you seriously need to go home and take a very long look in the mirror.

YouTube seems to have more footage of Madrid fans climbing over the fences and getting in than Liverpool...

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Either that or badly made. Do you have definitive proof because I don’t. When you look at the letters at the top left they look way too imperfect to have been photoshopped.

Look at it again , surely you can see that the font of the word ticketless is different . So someone ( whether supposedly humourous or deliberately malicious ) has taken a shorter word out and replaced it with a longer word and had to make the font smaller to make it fit .
Just to make it clear at this point i am not pro liverpool but pro fairness , a thing that seldom seems to happen in this world !

Edit just seen the original above !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
See my post just above yours. Definitely fake news.

Yup. Not sure what the word on that banner was originally (the name of a town, I'm guessing) but it definitely wasn't "ticketless." You can tell that simply by how it doesn't follow the curve of the top of the banner.

EDIT: just seen you've added the original to your post earlier on this thread. So not the name of a town then after all :facepalm: :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
YouTube seems to have more footage of Madrid fans climbing over the fences and getting in than Liverpool...

Not saying that isn't the case but with Liverpools history, which is (rightfully and in a classy manner) often brought up I expect more respect towards the circumstances from Pool fans than I do from Real fans.

Either way, the organisers are (mainly) the ones to blame. It's been shown over and over again that with the right set up very big events can go through flawlessly despite some circumstances (like a lot of drunks and random idiots) creating difficulties.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yup. Not sure what the word on that banner was originally (the name of a town, I'm guessing) but it definitely wasn't "ticketless." You can tell that simply by how it doesn't follow the curve of the top of the banner.

Look at my post, it has the original image in.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Maybe, just maybe more people had their phones out, let’s wait and see shall we Irish seagull.

As for me being a moron, yeah maybe but I can have an opinion, just as you, yours maybe biased, unfortunately I am not & I remember why English teams got a ban from Europe.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Who won the match?
I’ve been watching a Jason Statham film and haven’t seen any match reports……is this a good place to ask the score?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Who won the match?
I’ve been watching a Jason Statham film and haven’t seen any match reports……is this a good place to ask the score?

:lol:

Main winners were the touts selling snide tickets it seems..

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe, just maybe more people had their phones out, let’s wait and sea shall we Irish seagull.

As for me being a moron, yeah maybe but I can have an opinion, just as you maybe biased, unfortunately I am not & I remember why English teams got a ban from Europe.

That didn't warrant what you posted though, because it extends beyond a dislike of another football club. That phrase has been used in a variety of contexts towards the people of the city themselves many of whom have no interest in football or support another team.

You may not have meant it like that, but it was a similar comment that led our current Prime Minister being forced to travel up their to personally apologise.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to be associated with him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That didn't warrant what you posted though, because it extends beyond a dislike of another football club. That phrase has been used in a variety of contexts towards the people of the city themselves many of whom have no interest in football or support another team.

You may not have meant it like that, but it was a similar comment that led our current Prime Minister being forced to travel up their to personally apologise.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to be associated with him.

Taken on board, and your right.
I apologise.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Maybe, just maybe more people had their phones out, let’s wait and see shall we Irish seagull.

As for me being a moron, yeah maybe but I can have an opinion, just as you, yours maybe biased, unfortunately I am not & I remember why English teams got a ban from Europe.

It's no use Mr Psychobobby, I've read that a few times and I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. Is there something you need to share with the group? Did a Scouse kid steal one of your conkers in kindergarten?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here