Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions' league final issues

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
oh yes , bravo , bravo old man ...ffs ...you plank....Eastbourne couldn't even handle the Scousers and Russians when they took your turf over in the 80's .....slowly but surely , while you laughed at your own jokes ....carry on editing peoples posts , it's obviously the way forward....:tosser:

Are you ok Sidders ? :)
I think you may have spectacularly missed the point of the post you were quoting.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Er, don't know if I am missing something here. But I liked your posts sticking up for the Scousers and meant that the Herberts were the ones on here sticking to the tired stereotypes.

And I'm from Seaford anyway lol.

:lolol:

I understood where you were coming from, but the poor old boy is a bit confused, to be fair.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Not sure if it's been mentioned already but it's been well known for years that "romantic" Paris is a fallacy. Paris has many ghettos and no go zones and thousands of poor and disadvantaged people shoved out in the outer districts. It's not a great surprise that gangs of youths from this group have decided to go en masse to this event to steal. I've enjoyed trips to Paris but you have to have your wits about you. Not that these fans of Real and Liverpool have any blame attached but I agree with the lad at the end of the video, I wouldn't be interested in a trip to the Paris Olympics. Be interesting how they police that one!

Would be interested to see a comparison between the income and living expenses of a disadvantage person on benefits in France and somebody in similar circumstances in the UK

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
my original use of the word "herberts" was to describe the disadvantaged "YOOF" of the Parisienne suburbs who gathered in large numbers to steal the bling of queuing football supporters at the SdF. These herberts were allowed to run amok creating havoc with the police concentrating their efforts on pepper spraying fans.

i didn't think it warranted an editing to be fair but each to their own i suppose. scuse abuse :cheers:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...e-tickets-may-be-wrong-champions-league-final

CCTV footage of the scenes outside the stadium have now been deleted.

Convenient.

Shows a systemic cover up. Pretty disgusting really. The false allegations about the size of the fake ticket problem were designed to deflect. Certainly did the trick with the knee jerk reaction of posters on this thread.
Here’s more about it;

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...nt-apologises-for-tear-gassing-liverpool-fans

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shows a systemic cover up. Pretty disgusting really. The false allegations about the size of the fake ticket problem were designed to deflect. Certainly did the trick with the knee jerk reaction of posters on this thread.
Here’s more about it;

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...nt-apologises-for-tear-gassing-liverpool-fans

Exactly what I thought when I read!! Even if not deliberate, how incredibly stupid. Nobody will ever believe them and they deserve all the merde flying their way for their outrageously poor management of this years final. :shit:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Nobody will ever believe them

Apart from plenty of fellow football fans whose bloated self importance means their opinions override the need to look at any evidence.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That (and the Guardian summary below) is actually quite a damning report - and given that it was by the French Senate effectively about a fellow national organisation - quite impressive in it's complete lack of whitewash. Heartening that not all those above us are corrupt numpties - which is the way it's felt recently.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/13/liverpool-fans-unfairly-blamed-for-champions-league-final-chaos-paris-french-senate-report?utm_term=62cfae38f6e5131cdc0f31c9b048ceb5&utm_campaign=FirstEdition&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=firstedition_email

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
That (and the Guardian summary below) is actually quite a damning report - and given that it was by the French Senate effectively about a fellow national organisation - quite impressive in it's complete lack of whitewash. Heartening that not all those above us are corrupt numpties - which is the way it's felt recently.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/13/liverpool-fans-unfairly-blamed-for-champions-league-final-chaos-paris-french-senate-report?utm_term=62cfae38f6e5131cdc0f31c9b048ceb5&utm_campaign=FirstEdition&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=firstedition_email

Quite!

And interesting to see that those who were rather quick to judge on here at the time are somewhat quiet on the matter now!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a huge step forward that in 2022 the authorities, this time, allowed respected independent panelists to get to the truth in quick time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64631335

Seldom covered in navel gazing England including today, Real Madrid supporters were attacked at will too by thugs from adjacent housing schemes. Robbed and beaten up, attacked by the police too, some hospitalised. I suspect the accounts from both sets of supporters made it a compelling case to investigate.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I'm guessing those who on the night and in the immediate aftermath were all too ready to blame Liverpool fans - and clutched at any straw they could to back up their comments - won't be coming back on here to say they were wrong!! If they do come back, it will be to continue with their but but but Liverpool fans bollocks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here