Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Champions League 23/24 Thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whatever happens, I hope that Man United do not finish third in their group.
Can we be drawn against teams from the same league in the playoff round? Even if so, I'd fancy us against United over two legs. We've got a decent recent record against them.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can we be drawn against teams from the same league in the playoff round? Even if so, I'd fancy us against United over two legs. We've got a decent recent record against them.
Playoff round?? When we win the group we'll avoid play-offs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That game was INSANE.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That wasn't the question!
It was sort of! 'No - we can't be drawn against (anyone) in the playoff round - because we won't be in the draw'.

It's 'no' anyway (or was last year)

1701286787139.png

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It was sort of! 'No - we can't be drawn against (anyone) in the playoff round - because we won't be in the draw'.

It's 'no' anyway (or was last year)

View attachment 170423
Doesn't make sense. Do you mean the Champions League third-placed teams? The third-placed teams in the Europa league go into a play-off for the Europa Conference.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Great game. But deary me, the commentary on TNT is dreadful, a trip of Darren "I'm everyones mate and a geezer" 'Fletch, Rio Ferdinand, and Savage. All just shouting "Ohhh, Ahhh, Oooo" Embarrassing. Gone are the days of Mike Ingham.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Doesn't make sense. Do you mean the Champions League third-placed teams? The third-placed teams in the Europa league go into a play-off for the Europa Conference.
2nd place europa league teams go into play of with 3rd place champions league teams.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From a football perspective, a tie against Man Utd would be very winnable. They're a bit shit - especially their keeper.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Oh yes - I've thoroughly confused myself. Fortunately the set up is the same!

1701288337893.png

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Great game. But deary me, the commentary on TNT is dreadful, a trip of Darren "I'm everyones mate and a geezer" 'Fletch, Rio Ferdinand, and Savage. All just shouting "Ohhh, Ahhh, Oooo" Embarrassing. Gone are the days of Mike Ingham.
Maurice Eddleston

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Arsenal 4-0 against Lens after less than 30 mins.

Could be a massacre :eek:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here