[Albion] Champions League 23/24 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
OK. It's funny because I hate the Toon.

But this is an appalling decision. What Newc fans are learning is that there's a pecking order with getting these decisions. Normally if they're playing us or Luton or something, they'll get the decisions all day long.

Up against PSG, the ref will be looking to throw them a bone all day long. VAR, as ever helpfully assists to get the right club the right result.

Club badge check complete. Decision penalty.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Oh well. Can’t stand the Saudi Magpies with Tindall Mr ego and dull and miserable Howe. Imagine being stuck in a lift with that miserable sod Eddie Howe.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Are we looking at this through premier league interpretation? Uefa have different rules for pens don’t they. If the arm is out and it hits it, even off the body, then it is a pen. So the issue was not VAR or the Ref. It was the rules. It was recommended that uefa took the interpretation we have in the prem ie if it hits not then arm it is not a pen, but they didn’t adopt. So was this actually the correct decision based on the rules?

Maybe it is all of us who are wrong because we have different rule in prem (which is better)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Can I just put it out there, the PSG fans were pretty damn vocal, cracking atmosphere and if I dare can I add, that is how you utilise drums, they sounded awesome with that military kind of beat, very tribal and added to the atmosphere.

In my humble opinion.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Can I just put it out there, the PSG fans were pretty damn vocal, cracking atmosphere and if I dare can I add, that is how you utilise drums, they sounded awesome with that military kind of beat, very tribal and added to the atmosphere.

In my humble opinion.
Were they all wearing black, custom-made, Armani jackets and displaying a banner stating they were formed in 1066?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not the point. The issue isn't Newcastle United, the issue is a rank poor decision in a key match that may have a huge affect on the outcome of the group.

If that happened to Albion in a similar situation, folk would rightly be raging.
Yeah but we don't care about Newcastle as they are run by a bloodthirsty regime.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Man Utd winning 2-1 in the "we all hate Leeds" derby.

Onana with some more hilariously shit keeping allowing Galatasary to halve the deficit

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh, interesting. I might turn back over. The other game is a bit dull.
This one is chances aplenty. A great watch. Except it's Man Utd. And Zaha.

Zaha just missed a presentable chance that would no doubt have been in the back of our net if we were the opposition.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This one is chances aplenty. A great watch. Except it's Man Utd. And Zaha.

Zaha just missed a presentable chance that would no doubt have been in the back of our net if we were the opposition.
Yeah, switched over just in time to see that.

The commentary team for this game is just horrendous. I'd mute them, but the atmosphere is amazing.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
I don't really get the joy some are feeling here when other English teams lose... The more PL teams having to play two games a week for as long as possible, the better for us, surely? I'd rather see them lose the final.

Edit: Ok, it was a draw for the Saudis yesterday, but still.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't really get the joy some are feeling here when other English teams lose... The more PL teams having to play two games a week for as long as possible, the better for us, surely? I'd rather see them lose the final.

Edit: Ok, it was a draw for the Saudis yesterday, but still.
I will NEVER want good things to happen to, amongst others, Manchester United.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Whatever happens, I hope that Man United do not finish third in their group.
Fancy a trip to 'hell' instead? I do.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
3-3. What a goal. What a game.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Do I want an English team to progress in the CL and watch zahaha throw a wobbly, or do I really, REALLY want fernandes and ten hags to cry?
What's turkish for you're forgiven, wilf?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports