Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Champions League 23/24 Thread

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Shocking decision, encouraged by the VAR officials. Videos are fine, but leave it in the hands of the ref. Ref should be able to stop the game, refer to the screen and then make a decision.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hahahahahaha
It's not funny. In the long run those sort of decisions affect us all.

I think that's the worst VAR handball decision I've seen, and it sets a worrying bar.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I think that's the worst VAR handball decision I've seen, and it sets a worrying bar.
Yep, and besides, PSG and Newcastle are cut from the same cloth ownership wise anyhow, so... 🤷‍♂️

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023

I’m sure Jamal Khashoggi would agree...if he wasn’t dead. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer club.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m sure Jamal Khashoggi would agree...if he wasn’t dead. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer club.
Not the point. The issue isn't Newcastle United, the issue is a rank poor decision in a key match that may have a huge affect on the outcome of the group.

If that happened to Albion in a similar situation, folk would rightly be raging.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

We all know VAR is the worst thing that has ever happened to football but the smug whinging washers not winning is a bonus

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not the point. The issue isn't Newcastle United, the issue is a rank poor decision in a key match that may have a huge affect on the outcome of the group.

If that happened to Albion in a similar situation, folk would rightly be raging.
I was at spurs when we were stopped getting to the champions league so I'm glad somebody like the media darlings on suffering now

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
PSG got an XG off 4.5. That is pretty decent. Finished like morons. Newcastle were battered. The narrative of them being unlucky is daft. They were incredibly lucky that psg were comical in front of goal (as were Milan in Milan who had almost 30 shots that day).
We are not commenting on who desrved to win just that the penalty was a disgrace and decisions like this do football no favours.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's another shocking decision.

How the hell a group of so called qualified officials can sit watching replays decide that the ref needs to see it again, and then the ref actually gives it. It's rotten to the core.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here