Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champagne Rating

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
DK was was walking around the fans with a team shirt on saying SKINT (as normal) and HOMELESS but had the homeless crossed out with a big red cross.
On the back of the shirt it said DICKTATOR.

Phew, thank goodness Ernest is away he'd have blown his top at that :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Deenomite

Sep 30, 2005
As the Ipswich supporting b/f of a Brighton fan who witnessed the game today. I'd firstly like to congratulate you on your ground, I thought it was a fair result, however, the guy thats moaning about the champagne needs to emmigrate to outer mongolia, it was a fantastic gesture. You have a brilliant chairman and a fantastic club and best of luck for the future from Ipswich Town FC

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It was a wonderful gesture, regardless of what it may have cost (quite a bit I should think). It was a good aperitif for the Harvey's in the Preston Brewery Tap. Cheers, Ned:drink:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Yorkie said:
Btw Tank, it also had 14 on the back so have you had a shirt go missing?

Tank's shirts are XL (so is Dick) - somehow couldn't see him squeezing into a Childs Large as worn by the Umpa-lumpa players in the team ...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I never even saw any! :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Shropshire Seagull said:
Tank's shirts are XL (so is Dick) - somehow couldn't see him squeezing into a Childs Large as worn by the Umpa-lumpa players in the team ...

It was an attempt at a joke - that instead of buying his own that he had nipped into the changing room and nicked one of Guy's.

:rolleyes:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I was talking to an Ipswich fan after the game and he thought it was a great gesture by DK. He said that he saw the drinks being given out to Albion fans and grabbed one-thinking they wouldn't get any in the away end. He grabbed himself a couple more by the away entrance-greedy git:lolol:

Although not the greatest quality-it was a fantastic thing for the club to do. Things like that are rare in football.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I just hope this is remembered when Dick TIGHT pleads poverty in the transfer window - cos you've probably all just QUAFFED AWAY the last of the transfer budget.

:angry: :angry:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
I'll take Ernests place.

I bet it wasn't TRIED & TESTED ENGLISH champagne

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Yep, where's Ernest when you need him. Obviously some foreign muck. Probably made a lot of people ill. What's wrong with British champagne?

Knight out!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You miserable sods.

Champagne and cava are made in exactly the same way. It's just that one is from a particular region of north east France, and one is from Spain. The main reasons that Champagne is more expensive are one, better marketing to the British and the Americans, and two, that the Champagne region is not all that big, so demand outstrips supply in comparison to the whole of Spain.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Beach Hut said:
I have to applaud Southampton on gestures as they refunded all ticket money as they were so poor once away.

Didn't West Brom pay for all transport to Charlton last season ?

Few years back I think one fan paid for all coaches to Sunderland for West Ham fans in the FA Cup.

Good will gestures do happen but very rarely in Football.

Many many years ago (late 70s) I was one of the unlucky sods in one of the Two trains that didn't make a league cup game at Forest - they were the top team in those days!

The club hired Hove Town Hall so that we could see the game (this was pre VCR days) and we were given free tickets to Charlton away (which I couldn't make but that's another story).

I am not a great lover of Champagne (more a red wine man) but I thought it was a great gesture yesterday. Quaffed one before and after the Sportsman yesterday!

Thanks Dick , much appreciated! :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here