Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Centre Halfs - Without a club

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
IF Uwe is a disaster, then no doubt Bruno will move to CB and Tomori to RB.

I did wonder about recalling Ince to play CB as he is match fit and played there earlier in the season for the U23..however I think that would be the last resort...plus not sure if we can recall him?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking at Transfermarket I found 3 interesting players

Marco Simic 29 years old released by Happoel Tel Aviv in Feb
Pablo Fontanello 32 released by Ural in Jan
Vegand Forren 29 released by Molde in Jan 33 Caps for Norway.

Not saying any would be better than Uwe but cover should Dunk get suspended or either get an injury.
No thanks. We've got 4 full backs (two are out at the moment but apparently not far from returning) two of whom can do a job at CB. Plus we've got Dunk and the BFG as CBs. Plus we've got Tomori, who is apparently a CB (although I thought we'd signed him as a RB) who has demonstrated that he can do a job at LB too.
Then we've got Dallison and the two young Bens, White and Hall. It might be grit the teeth, gird the loins, and hang on time, but IMHO we should deal with this mini crisis internally, not bring in some maybe/maybe not redundant foreigners; there's probably a reason why they haven't got a club anyway.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I did wonder about recalling Ince to play CB as he is match fit and played there earlier in the season for the U23..however I think that would be the last resort...plus not sure if we can recall him?
It's not even a last resort. We can no more get Ince than we could get Vincent Kompany. It's against the rules. I'd rather give one of our youngsters their chance anyway, if the BFG and Tomori also get injured or suspended.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Uwe's playing record last year - played 15 (between rounds 2 and 16), during which we won 8, drew 7, lost 0 and kept 5 clean sheets.

He played alongside Greer and Dunk during that time.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

No recall possible outside the transfer window.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's because Bruno can't defend and always ducks out of headers.

That's because you don't like Bruno.

You've been fairly quiet on the subject during the last two years, presumably because he's been playing well......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Completely wrong on second goal.

He stood his man up, and didn't commit himself to a header he would never have won.

As I saw it the pass went over his head and he made no effort to tackle back on the wide man so should have at least tried to head it or got goal side of the winger. Good pass but down to Bruno completely. for poor defending followed by the CBs leaving a man in the middle but that is all history now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As I saw it the pass went over his head and he made no effort to tackle back on the wide man so should have at least tried to head it or got goal side of the winger. Good pass but down to Bruno completely. for poor defending followed by the CBs leaving a man in the middle but that is all history now.

Saw it differently, he back peddled realise he couldn't reach and rather than go for something, he had no chance of reaching, stood the player up, whilst We positioned ourselves. As it happened Perez peeled off Duffy and Sidwell didn't track back.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Uwe is a liability, 6 goals conceded and a penalty against the mighty Lincoln and Brentford. Fortunately Rotherham have no pace upfront, derby on another hand...derby could be a seven goal thriller.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
if there's a decent CH out there and available we'd be mad not to sign him. Uwe is capable of doing a good job but what if he gets injured or Dunk gets suspended? £15k - £20k pw has got to be worth it even if he doesn't get a game.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
if there's a decent CH out there and available we'd be mad not to sign him. Uwe is capable of doing a good job but what if he gets injured or Dunk gets suspended? £15k - £20k pw has got to be worth it even if he doesn't get a game.

Why would a 'decent CB' be without a club in March ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bfg has had a mare recently but not so long ago he was our best player. Dunk and bfg is not too shabby. Surely better than moving Burno

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looking at Transfermarket I found 3 interesting players

Marco Simic 29 years old released by Happoel Tel Aviv in Feb
Pablo Fontanello 32 released by Ural in Jan
Vegand Forren 29 released by Molde in Jan 33 Caps for Norway.

Not saying any would be better than Uwe but cover should Dunk get suspended or either get an injury.

I am convinced that Bruno ducked under the pass for Newcastle 2nd goal irrespective of it being good I think that he should have at least attempted to head it.

It seems that we are looking at Forren

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Viewed from the east side of the north stand, it was miles over his head.

Saw it differently, he back peddled realise he couldn't reach and rather than go for something, he had no chance of reaching, stood the player up, whilst We positioned ourselves. As it happened Perez peeled off Duffy and Sidwell didn't track back.

That's how I saw it.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
We've got enough options to cope, especially when Bong &/or Pog back in the squad. Can't see anyone currently without a club coming in and getting fit and making a difference really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here