Votes: 1 1.6%
  • virgo and hawkins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

barney

Jul 31, 2006
when fit, who should we play at the back?

i would go with elphick and lynch, both good, young and very promising players that can only get better the more they play. nothing against hawkins but i feel lynch and elphick compliment each other better.

what does nsc think?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Virgo is interesting - we sold him for £1.5m and got him back on a free with kuch fanfare - but it's not really clear where we expect him to play regularly unless he is there as uber cover for virtually any position down the middle - in which case he saves us having more people on the bench.

Before the season I would have thought he was a shoe in for the CB position - but isn't now. A conundrum.

Elphick and Hawkins for me - men in the seat at the moment and doing well.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Crap poll.I'll leave that job to Adams.So far he is spot on.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If Hinshelwood was fit I'd pick him over anyone I think, and definetely have Elphick and Hinsh as my starting two. Without him it's a tough choice between The Hawk and Lynch. I'd be tempted to say Lynch because I think he and Elphick play well together and will get better and better as a partnership. The problem is, our defense has been so good so far this season it's hard to argue that The hawk doesn't deserve his place.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I would have Lynch and Elphick for sure. Both great defenders who compliment each other well, and capable of improving a lot lot more i feel.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
i was going to include hinsh but there are enough ruddy options to put in before him, and the likelihood of him coming back any time soon for a prolonged amount of time is probably small

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
i was going to include hinsh but there are enough ruddy options to put in before him, and the likelihood of him coming back any time soon for a prolonged amount of time is probably small

I'm fairly sure two options would hav been enough:glare: but i like the poll...

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
:laugh:

probably

but virgo should be a serious contender to play there. in my opinion he doesn't really suit centre midfield

I'm not sure he gets in ahead of Elphick, ynch or Hawkins though.

Someone else not spoken of so far is El-Abd who had a cracking season last year, some of it at CB.

barney

Jul 31, 2006

Someone else not spoken of so far is El-Abd who had a cracking season last year, some of it at CB.

when el abd is fit i would rather see him centre mid than virgo or so far what i've seen of livermore

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

Ye feel sorry for El-Abd. He will struggle to get in the team at any position now.

He isn't next in line for centre mid or centre back i presume if any injuries occur to current players. His only chance is a Whing injury really.

Jimmy Grimble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here